Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deck: Wave of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharyn

First of all I must say that I'm from Argentina, so sorry for my bad english :)

Deck Name: Wave of Fire
Deck Type: Fire

Pokemons: 16

3 Magby (exLM)
3 Magmar (MT)
3 Magmortar (SW)
2 Magmortar Lv.X
3 Heracross 'Delta'
2 Entei (SW)

Energy: 22

22 Fire Energy

Trainers: 22

4 Fire Cube 01 (Technical machine)
4 Full Flame (Stadium) (exLM)
4 Plus Power (D&P)
3 Celio's Network
2 Premier Ball
3 Professor Rowan
2 Holon Farmer

Strategy:
Starters:
Your opponent flips coins to damage Magby while he's burned for 40 damage (Stadium is always in your hand ;)).
With Entei you hold 80 HP and you use Fire Cube 01 while you carge his attack. (his Poke-body rules)
Magmar is a great starter: 1st turn 20 dmg, 2nd turn Burn with Fire Cube 01, 3rd turn 50.
(That if you weren't lucky to get a magmortar or a Celio's)
I have nothing to say about heracross, fits perfect in this deck: To Pokemon-Ex 50 damage with 2 energy is great! if you dont have energy in your hand, his 1st attack, and your opponent's Basic can't attack while they're BURNED for 40 damage with the Fire Cube 01! :D
(anyway, if your opponent evolves that basic, it still gets burned for 40)

If you dont have the cards you need, just use Rowan and change your hand, keeping that CLUE card that u need in your hand.

Mid and Late game:
Once your opponent evolved his/her pokemon, magmar on bench -> magmortar -> 1, 2, 3, 4, lots of energy... so when he comes Active, his 1st attack does 20x each energy.
you can also heal Magmortar with each energy (110 HP is too much for its pokebody) while you search Lv.X... when you reach Magmortar Lv.X, kill all those benched pokemon that are charging energy ;) and burn his active for 30 damage (or 40 if stadium is in play).

In a few words:
EARLY: YOU CAN'T ATTACK // BURNED FOR 40.
MID: HEALING MAGMORTAR // BURNED FOR 40.
LATE: 100 TO BENCHED // BURNED FOR 40.

i tryed to explain this deck as much as i can, but as many decks, there are good 1st hands and bad 1st hands.
i used this deck (with printed cards for testing) against diferent decks and i never had a bad hand.

thank u for looking at this deck and for posting any comment
moderator sorry for any error that i made in this post.

there are that many magmortars, so you dont have to search for them
using celios and premier ball for LvX

but in the case you dont have magmort you search it.

maybe to you guys its weird this type of play, but here in argentina we look for doing the shorter steps for what we need :)

No, he was saying that you're only allowed to have 4 Magmortar/ Lv.X. Also, some of the cards in your deck are rotated, so SuicidalPikachu was asking if you were playing in Unlimited.

yea, the combintation of Magmortars and Magmortar lvXs cannot exeed 4, They technically have the same name, meaning 4 copies at max COMBINED.

and:

3 Magby (exLM)
4 Fire Cube 01 (Technical machine)
4 Full Flame (Stadium) (exLM)
2 Holon Farmer

are all unlimited, if you plan on playing a modified deck, get rid of these. if you aren't there are still way better cards you could use.

thanks,, didnt know that stuff.. (4 magmortar/lvx max)

where can i get a list of the unlimited / modified usable cards?

i will reform all the deck :( the strategy wont be the same..

:(

the current format is HP-on/HP-GE. i dont remember where u can find the list, but that it is right there. i listed what was unlimited in your list

thank all of u :)

now i will sit and make a new fire deck..

i was thinkin in 4 pluspower, 4 strength charm

and low-energy-big-damage pokemon,,

keeping magmar and magmortar

//

- Prominence Deck -
Pokemon: 16

BASIC
3 Magmar (MT)
[Some Basic Pokemon Here]

STAGE 1
3 Magmortar (SW)
[A good Evolution card for DRE & Scramble]

LEVEL UP
1 Magmortar Lv.X

Energy: 21

17 Fire Energy
2 Doble Rainbow Energy
2 Scramble Energy

Trainers: 23

TRAIENER
4 Plus Power
2 Premier Ball
2 Night Manteinance
2 Windstorm

SUPPORTER
3 Celio's Network
3 Castaway
1 Professor Oak Research
1 Professor Rowan
[A good supporter here]

POKEMON TOOL
4 Strenght Carm

would like any one to recommend me some cards :)

thank u again.

First of all, use a Starter. Absol and Pachi are good choices.
Second, don't use Prof.Rowan. Instead, add another Ceilio's.
Third, use four POV. They are the best, or one of the best, draw cards in the format.
I will help you more later.

arceus i apreciate your help, its just that here in argentina, there is a diferent type of play...

we are

that's why some of the things your say look very strage to me,,

anyway, i'd like to hear what you say, so i learn more =)

y played pokemon tcg from the beggining, until team rocket's expansion... afeter that i sold all my cards and never heard again of the game.

some months ago i missed those cards, but i founded that there were 230978420834 new expansions and a lot of changes in the rules, so i am learning day by day this new stuff..

---

:)

i didnt found an absol with only colorless attacks,, and pachirisu from the GE expansion is really good

hope you tell me more things when you have time

bye and thanks again

Your welcome! The Absol I was talking about is from the Secret Wonders set (SW). It has two attacks. The second one needs 1 :dark: Energy, while the first needs 1 Energy of any type :)colorless). The second does 10 damage, but if you played Absol from your hand on the turn you used it, it will do 40. It's first attack, however, is much better. It allows you to discard any one card from your opponent's hand without looking, and if it is a Trainer/Supporter/Stadium card, you choose one more to discard. Because most decks run about 25+ Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums, you have a fairly good chance of getting one.

My list for this deck, called Magsol, looks like this:

Pokemon (11)

Magmortar X x1
Magmortar SW x3
Magmar SW/MT x3
Absol SW x4

Energy (16):

Fire Energy x10
Scramble Energy x4
Double Rainbow Energy x2

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33):

Ceilio's Network x4
Professor Oak's Visit x4
Pokenav x3
Master Ball x3
Pokedex x3
Dusk Ball x3
Team Galactic's Mars x3
Team Galactic's Wager x3
Warp Point x2
Castaway x3
Strength Charm x2

Or something like that anyway. Oh, and what are you expecting to go up against in Argentina?

Last edited:
can u tell me the strategy for that deck?

and i tell you we are a group of friends that dont have a deck yet, we printed a lot of diferent decks and played between us

every time we play a new rule, or card, or combo comes out, and we learn about it, my brother bought PK Theme deck MIND GAME and TORTERRA D&P Theme Deck,

but anyway we printed decks for starting,,

we made battles between diferent expasion decks.. for example we played a modified High Maker (Old Base Set Deck) Vs. Swift Empoleon Deck (WC2007 finalist deck) and its imposible to win, high maker uses 5748379845 trainers in 1 turn (Comp search, oak, itemfinder, pluspower, goldberries, team rocket sneak attack, the rocket trap, etc) and with rocket's zapdos attacks + pluspower gets your basic pokemon KO'd in 2 or 3 turns.
but i found the heracross delta, and his deck turned unusable now :D 'coz all of his pokemon are basic...

however, this is why i wanted to know more, and i really thank u for the help you give me :)

so, i want to ask a few questions:

1) isn't it better to change your hand for a new 5 card hand ?

or is better to draw 3 cards and take 1 away from your hand ?

some times you have like 4 o5 cards that you don't need in that moment,

2) im suposed to sacrifice absols for the scrambles ?

i'd like better to forget about prize cards , and do a lot of damage with fire pokemons+power plus

in the 1st deck i posted, the entei was really uysefull, with 3 energy 60 +PP and/or str.charm always i do like 80damage and discard 3 cards from top of my opponent's deck
and he holds 80HP while i charge another pokemon in bench,,,

this is the style here, send 1 , charge in bench... send taht one, and charge on bench again...

maybe i need some explanation for new types of playing.

(and maybe i must stop saying thanks in every post) :p
hope u answer

The strategy of the deck is to start with Absol, destroying their setup, while you set up a Magmortar. Then, once your opponent KOes Absol, throw on a Scramble to do alot of damage. Then, although you lost your Scramble, you are still doing alot of damage, especially since they couldn't setup peoperly.

Now, to answer your questions...

1. Professor Oak's Visit is better then Professor Rowan for the simple reason that 5 cards in your hand isn't good. However, with POV, you're getting a much larger hand.

2. Entei, really, isn't that great. Deck disruption isn't all that, unlike hand disruption. Really, I think Entei really shouldn't be here. 60 just dosen't cut these days.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:
yes u did :)

i'm starting to understang this new type of play, you really need to destroy his hand,,

all deck now on days do that? like start with absol, or pokemon for destroying their hands ?..

i will test that deck against a darkrai deck (that my brother printed)

i can call u my friend now :D you helped me alot,
good luck arceus, im posting tomorrow :)

bye

Many decks today use Absol as their Starter. Pachirisu and Absol are the best Starters in the format. I personally prefer Absol, though I have never tried Pachi before, because if you get lucky, Absol OWNS! It is not bad because of Claydol, because what if they can't get their Claydol set up? Absol is the best hand - destroyer in the format, so if any one uses a Starter to discard your opponent's cards, Absol is the way to go! There was even a deck focused around hand - destruction, called Darkwing Duck (DWD for short) that used Absol and Honchkrow!

Good luck, Sharyn, hope you do well with this deck!

i understand, remember (if u have time) to wath my post tomorrow, i will tell you how did my deck work :)

by the way, here in ARG pokemon TCG is losing fame, i didnt find any mini-tournament near my place :p

we use the word "kapo" to refer to a person with knowledge like u :)

see ya kapo ;)

Thanks!

I will see your post tomorrow. So don't worry about that! Just a question... where is it going to be? In this thread or somewhere else?

It's to bad Pokemon is losing it's popularity in Argentina, when it's gaining popularity pretty much everywhere else. Hopefully you'll be able to find a tournament SOMEWHERE in Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back