Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Delcatty & Boost Energy

Fantasy Fox

Boost Energy:

Boost Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokemon.
Discard Boost Energy at the end of the turn it was attached.
Boost Energy provides :colorless :colorless :colorless Energy. The Pokemon Boost Energy is attached to can't retreat.
When the Pokemon Boost Energy is attached to is no longer an Evolved Pokemon, discard Boost Energy.

Delcatty:

:colorless Energy Call - 10
Attach 1 Energy Card from your discard pile to your active Pokemon.

Question:

What happens if there's a Boost Energy in my discard pile and I use Delcatty's Energy Call to take it back from my discard pile and attach it back to Delcatty, will I discard the Boost Energy straight away or can I use that Boost Energy for the next turn?

Fantasy Fox said:
What happens if there's a Boost Energy in my discard pile and I use Delcatty's Energy Call to take it back from my discard pile and attach it back to Delcatty, will I discard the Boost Energy straight away or can I use that Boost Energy for the next turn?

You attach the boost energy to delcatty, then immediately discard the boost energy.

The trick is, without Light Dragonite, to get it attached and stay attached through the first turn. Once it is on past that, it gets to stay forever. Unfortunately, only one card has the ability to do that in either format, and it is banned in Modified, and not a good enough card in Unlimited IMO.

Yeah I wish Dragonite EX had light dragonite's power. I was so wanting that to come back. Boost is a great energy, but because of no dragonite in our modified that can keep it in play, it just doesn't perform as good as it could. Think of all the decks that could whip with light dragonite in them. You could make a mewtwo EX/Cacturne/light dragonite deck and keep all the boost in play.

Back