Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Delphox BREAK Deck Help

sh0ryu_repp4

Hey everyone! Long time Pokefan, first time poster!

So a friend of mine got me back into this game, and I am going to enter a tournament next month at a local convention. I really like Delphox and was wondering if; a) this deck is any good, and b) if so, how to go about building it.

If anyone has any advice or tips or even lists to get me started it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Delphox Break is a good deck when it is built up right, but I'm not sure about its consistency. You'll definitely want to run Wally and EvoSoda/Rare Candy. You'll want to run quite a bit of fire energies as well. Also look into Energy Recycler and Energy Retrieval.

Do you play on Pokemon TCGO? That's where I go to build my deck and then test it out.

I think the really heavy-hitting Delphox is being rotated out, though. I'd look into that. You could pair it with Flareon-EX somehow. Just play around with it!

Thanks for the advice! Which Delphox is the one being rotated out? The one that does extra damage for every energy in play or the other one? The tournament I am going to is on September 15th. Is everything going to be rotated by then?

Forgive my n00bish questions :p

The Delphox that has the ability Mystical Fire and does the extra damage for every energy. It might have been reprinted (I'm not too sure about that), so I would check into that first. If it has been rotated, the last date to play cards being rotated is August 31st. September 1st is the start of the new Pokemon rotation, so if it is rotated out, you won't be able to use it.

No worries! I'm glad I can be of help. :) We've all been new before.

Yeah the tournament is on September 17th so it would be after rotation. From what I have been hearing without the Mystical Fire Delphox and Blacksmith the deck is pretty kaput. I will have to look into building a different, budget, post rotation deck. Thanks for the help!

Is this the "Flare Witch Project" deck? I haven't seen one before so let call a buddy of mine and see if he is able to tell us more. :lol:

Back