Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Demons and Dogs (cheesy I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDice

Ok so I have been wanting to find a way to utilize Sentinel Stoutland, and so I basically incorporated it into a standard Darkrai/ Sableye build. I havent tested it much, but it is alot of fun to shut your opponents draw engine down, while attacking with Stouty and keeping Darkrai on the bench to build up for back up.

Basically, turn 1 you want a Lillipup down. <I have 3 in the deck, and 1 of each variety that has a special effect for 1 energy- Pick Up (Item retrieval), Roar (Opponent Escape Rope), and Collect (Draw a Card)>
Sableye down as well, and Darkrai if at all possible. Either use Sableye to Junk Hunt or one of the Lillipups to distract, draw or retrieve.

Turn 2 I would evolve Stoutland and begin the lock, preferably benching another Lillipup, and if everything works out correctly, start attacking with Stoutland.

Turn 3 and onwards I would make sure to have Darkrai, Sableye, and any Lillipup/Other Stoutlands with at least 1 Dark Energy on them to enable retreat from lasers or KO threats, and continue to build up my bench while the opponent must rely on single draws until they can catcher and get a supporter off. Then switch back, continue the lock and attack.

Heres the list I have so far- suggestions are very welcome!

Pokemon: (12)
Darkrai x 3
Sableye x2
Lillipup x 3
Herdier (Collect: Draw 3 Cards) x 1
Stoutland x 3

Supporters: (8)
Bianca x 2
N x 2
Juniper x 3
Skyla x 1

Items: (28)
ACE SPEC- Computer Search
Bicycle x 3
Dark Patch x 4
Energy Switch x 3
Hypnotoxic Laser x 3
Level Ball x 2
Pokemon Catcher x 4
Random Reciever x 1
Rare Candy x 3
Ultra Ball x 4

Energy: (12)
Dark x 9
Double Colorless x 3

Im not exactly sure how to improve this build. Keeping my opponents from using their draw engine is my key strategy, and it seems that the lasers could be removed in lieu of other useful things- such as Super Rod, but I fear that would take away some of my stall/extra damage power with Stoutland.

Thanks in advance for comments and help!

Last edited:
You definitely need some switch/keldeo to work around the inevitable sleep roll fails from opponents hypnotoxic lasers or just to get out of any status
Perhaps
-3 bicycle
-1 energy switch
-1 catcher/dark patch

+1 laser
+1 skyla
+1 keldeo
+1 switch
+1 tool scrapper/super rod

Don't know how you would counter the major threat of landorus to your team without putting in things like tornadus ex or even the regular tornadus, but then you'd have to make a couple of other changes to include them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back