Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deoxys: a new archetype. ~discuss~

maddox23

The signs are all here you know. The form changing. Snowpoint. Roseannes. Moonlight. I know its coming.*twilight door music*

I wouldn't say any of them are 'bad' just not super amazing or anything special. They each individually are OK, one snipes 2 for 30. One hits Leafeon where it hurts, one hits for big raw damage, and another has a decent -20 effect on your opponent's attacks and protects against any other effects. And the ability to form change to the appropriate attacker is pretty cool as well. I'd say it could fair well.

i guess but i think they would own gardy. although theres not gonna be alot out here so i guess youre right.

The problem with Deoxys is that you can only have 4 in your deck, 1 for each form. Which means the form you want may get stuck in your prizes, necessitating Azelf LA.

It also doesn't have any T1 attacks.

Although TBH, with Moonlight Stadium and Unown Q about, I think you could easily forget about Speed Form, which has the worst offense and HP of the 4, and just grab yourself a second Normal or Attack Form.

The other problem is in your initial post. You can't have Snowpoint Temple and Moonlight Stadium in effect at the same time. Unown Q attachment allows Normal Deoxys to retreat for free, but Unown Q itself is otherwise a pretty crappy card, and a horrendous start with only 30 HP.

Aerodactyl is also a menace to Deoxys if you plan on switching forms a lot.

Oh, and Gardy owns Deoxys. You can't use Form Change after they Psylock, and Psylock OHKOs you anyway.

These Deoxys would be multiple times better if Form Change was a Body and not a Power.

The problem with Deoxys is that you can only have 4 in your deck, 1 for each form. Which means the form you want may get stuck in your prizes, necessitating Azelf LA.

It also doesn't have any T1 attacks.

Although TBH, with Moonlight Stadium and Unown Q about, I think you could easily forget about Speed Form, which has the worst offense and HP of the 4, and just grab yourself a second Normal or Attack Form.

The other problem is in your initial post. You can't have Snowpoint Temple and Moonlight Stadium in effect at the same time. Unown Q attachment allows Normal Deoxys to retreat for free, but Unown Q itself is otherwise a pretty crappy card, and a horrendous start with only 30 HP.

Aerodactyl is also a menace to Deoxys if you plan on switching forms a lot.

Oh, and Gardy owns Deoxys. You can't use Form Change after they Psylock, and Psylock OHKOs you anyway.

These Deoxys would be multiple times better if Form Change was a Body and not a Power.

um your wrong you can have as many as you want (up too four) of each type its like unowns.

Being able to have a deck that consists of 16 deoxys is nice. There's almost no way that 4 of one of them will be prized. Being able to attack with the correct one at the correct time is great. I feel it could be a really fun deck!

um your wrong you can have as many as you want (up too four) of each type its like unowns.

I stand corrected. My old age/recent return showing.

In any case, there is still little justification for Speed, which basically has Feint Attack for CC. Running 3-3-3 Of Normal/Attack/Defense is probably the best way to go. You might throw in 1 speed for when you really need a 0 retreat because you don't have a Moonlight Stadium available, but otherwise Speed is the worst of the 4.

Actually, if Psychic Boost's effect ends if Deoxys retreats, you could continually cycle out Deoxys Attack for Deoxys Speed, then switch in another benched Deoxys and have that change to Attack and use Psychic Boost at full power again. This is unnecessary if Moonlight Stadium is in play, but you might want to run Snowpoint instead. If the choice is between putting in Q to do the same thing with Normal, or putting in Deoxys Speed, I'd go with Speed, since Speed is a mediocre start where Q is a horrible one.

Azelf Lv. X for support unquestionably, and Mightyena to take care of Mewtwo Lv, X.

Other must haves: Nightly Maintenance, which can get back any of the Deoxys forms you want.

I think the real trick will be getting rid of Aerodactyl, whose Pokebody really hurts your Deck. Deoxys Speed can pick it off, but it takes 3 turns. One potential solution is Unown M, which can use Magnet to flip a coin and draw Aero in to be swifty destroys by Deoxys Attack. It is still a coin flip though, and it will subject Unown M to damage it really can't afford to take.

After IFDS you could use 2 Pokeblower + to bring Aerodactyl in.

Last edited:
yeah well i run it with the hitmons and 2 of the rest of em.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

and snowpoint. its a pretty good deck.

Last edited:
Speed is probably one of the best ones,if anything Normal means nothing but 50/60 damage,which aint bad,but for a deck running 3/4 of them,u gotta have some support techs.

i think speed forme is one of the better of the 4 types, true its hp is the lowest but its attack is 2c for 30 snipe and zero retreat which means you could put 1-2 in any deck pretty much.

Keep in mind that, as noted, due to Snowpoint you probably won't find the space to run Moonlight. As such, swapping for Speed to retreat isn't a bad idea.

yeah well moonlight is in there to knock out other stadiums but i think your right. i like normal for when im up against magmortar variants. i have the hitmons to do some damage and it works well.

Mortar? Why are we talking about mortar when kingdra and empo still exist?

Mortar needs Leafeon to survive IMO.

Back