Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deoxys-EX and exclusive Tools

QD4U

Deoxys-EX is getting released in Japan in some time so here's an idea on what the card could do.

Deoxys-EX 170 HP :psychic:

Ability: Mental

Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a :psychic: energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

:psychic::psychic::colorless: Psycho Boost 150

Discard all :psychic: energy attached to Deoxys-EX.

Retreat: :colorless:
Weakness: :psychic:
Resistance: ()

Mysterious Meteorite A - Trainer
Item
Pokemon Tool: Each Pokemon can have only 1 Pokemon Tool attached to it at any time.

If this card is attached to Deoxys-EX, put 5 damage counters on Deoxys-EX, and Deoxys-EX attacks do 50 more damage.

Mysterious Meteorite D - Trainer
Item
Pokemon Tool: Each Pokemon can have only 1 Pokemon Tool attached to it at any time.

If this card is attached to Deoxys-EX, resist damage done to Deoxys-EX by 100 and Deoxys-EX attacks do 50 less damage.

Mysterious Meteorite S - Trainer
Item

If this card is attached to Deoxys-EX, your turn does not end when Deoxys-EX attacks.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

Nice. The defense-item reducing by 100 though? I think that's too much, especially considering that it's still chucking out 100 damage per turn. I like the Speed-forme item though.

Good point. Originally I was gonna make it -50 but figured it wouldn't be good enough to justify playing Mysterious Meteorite D over A. Generally people prefer offense over defense and rightfully so however as you point out -100 might be too much. waiting for more opinions ^^

For Mysterious Meteorite S, by "your turn does not end Deoxys-EX attacks" it still means you can't attack more than once a turn, right?

Because that would be SO broken otherwise.

Balancing factor on D is that attacks like Shred would ignore the -100 unless the wording was meant to give him "Resistance: (Insert rainbow energy symbol)"

The MM A seems like it is the playable due to attaching it T1 and then dropping a Max Potion or whatever to null the damage.

MM S seems the second most playable. Being able to play the prize you drew or move Deoxys EX out of the active to make your opponent say burn a Catcher to get it back out.

MM D seems to slow the damage for the draw back too much and well outside of not using a Bench he can only stall so long.

All seem good just from a game play standpoint that's how I'd use them.

This Darkrai, Gothitelle, Tropical Beach with MM S? Attach a Dark first turn, and use his ability. Then Use his ability again, attaching to Gothitelle with a dark. Then, start attacking, discarding 2 psychic, after which you retreat to Gothitelle to trainer lock them, and use tropical beach to end your turn.

Back