Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deoxys EX + Weavile

Loto Drandel

this may sound retarded for a question but it's regarding Deoxys ability with Weavile

Deoxys Ability: Your Team Plasma Pokémon's attacks (excluding Deoxys-EX) do 10 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weavile Attack:
Hail :colorless:)This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's pokemon (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokemon)

Vilify: :dark::colorless: 30x Discard as many pokemon as you like from your hand. This attack does 30 damage times the number of pokemon you discarded

i've heard conflicting explanations on Weavile's Hail attack. People say that Deoxys ability applies to the damage being dealt to the active pokemon (along with dark claw tool increasing), but I honestly don't think that is true; can anyone shed some light on that? I'm relatively new to the game and have a deck of this, but wanted to make sure I know the ruling on that so that I'll be ready whenever it comes up. I know the ability applies to Vilify, just not certain on Hail (never had it come up yet)

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it apply to Hail?
Just to the damage done to the Active, of course, but yes, it applies to Hail.
There is no difference between damage done from a big number and damage done from text.
All the big number means is that the target is the Active.
Other than that, there's no difference in how that damage is treated.

Back