Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dialga G Lock-down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narrishckeit

I've been tinkering around with this deck for some time now. I have finally found a version which I like more than the others, it's more focused around Dialga G and Dialga G Lv. X as the main beaters. At least until I can get Palkia G set up for Lvl Up and Snipe. Then I switch gears and go for Palkia G Lv. X rather than Dialga G Lv. X

Here's the deck list. Please be kind with your suggestions. Also include reasons to why your changing what your changing!

Pokemon: 20

x1 Dialga G Lv. X
x1 Palkia G Lv. X
x3 Dialga G
x2 Palkia G
x2 Crobat G
x2 Baltoy
x2 Claydol (GE)
x2 Mespirit (LA)
x2 Uxie (LA)
x1 Azelf (LA)
x1 Bronzong G
x1 Toxicroak G

Trainers/Supporters: 30

x4 Pokedrawer +
x4 Poke Turn
x4 Energy Gain
x3 Power Spray
x3 Super Scoop Up
x2 Night Maintenance
x4 Cyrus
x3 Roseanne
x3 Bebe

Energy: 10

x5 Metal Energy
x2 Water Energy
x3 Multi-Energy

Strategy:

Turn 1-2 Deafen lock while building up benched pokemon, Dialga and Palkia are main beaters.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

45 views and not one piece of advice? Wow.

Last edited:
ILBOAD, there's a difference between Dialga G and Palkia G. I haven't played against any top tier Dialga G decks to say definitively, but I'm fairly confident they don't look too similar to Palkia Lock, with a more Tool-box feel but still obviously focused around Dialga G.

You want 3 SP metal and 3 basic.

I played against 2 top tier dialga decks. i would have won one if they didnt get the T1 mesprit drop and would have had a better chance at winning the other if they didnt consistently power lock me.

I played against 2 top tier dialga decks. i would have won one if they didnt get the T1 mesprit drop and would have had a better chance at winning the other if they didnt consistently power lock me.

Palkia Lock runs Dialga. I've got a thick line in my build. I personally support call energy, because then all one needs is a poketurn and a g pokemon or just a crobat g and it's an acceptable start to go first with.

Last edited:
Palkia Lock runs Dialga. I've got a thick line in my build. I personally support call energy, because then all one needs is a poketurn and a g pokemon or just a crobat g and it's an acceptable start to go first with.

Call in Dialga? With 3 special metal as well? Isn't that a lot of unsearchable energies? What is the best energy build for Dialga G?

my energy list gets me a constant dialga and 7 searchable NRG.
4 SP metal
2 psychic (if your running toxicroak)
2 basic dark (honchkrow)
3 basic metal
=7 searchable and 11 total.

Looks nice!

What about Unown G? I think you need at least one if not two for protecting against Machamp, Gengar, etc. I know that Deafen will slow down the evolution of those meanies but it does not necessarily stop it. I'd drop to a 1-1 Claydol and add either 2 Unown G or 1 Unown G plus Pachirisu, Mespirit, or Roseanne's. Pachy can be great in mirror to hopefully discard a bunch of the opponent's important Energy Gains. Another Mespirit for locking can be helpful. Roseanne's would let you grab Poke or energy and increasing the count by one just increases the likelihood that you will draw it when needed.

Good luck!

Call in Dialga? With 3 special metal as well? Isn't that a lot of unsearchable energies? What is the best energy build for Dialga G?

My support for call comes from a Palkia based version, it works well in there. I do not know how it works in Dialga, I'd go with Multis to be safe.

My support for call comes from a Palkia based version, it works well in there. I do not know how it works in Dialga, I'd go with Multis to be safe.

Still thinking about it. Not sure why Palkia would be different, except that PS doesn't work unless you have 3 SPs, so the whole power lock theme is off. If I have 3-4 special metal, I'll run rainbow as the multis are :colorless if there is another special energy on the pokemon. I'm a bit concerned about only 3 basic metals though. Also, with all the techs in the Dialga G builds, you are much more likely to not start with a Dialga G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back