Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dice Containers <= moved from News & Gossip

Ignatious

My mother plays with these old dice with a somewhat destroyed dice container. I figured for the upcoming Xmas, I would purchase for her a new dice container with good dice, and hopefully find a way to add poison and burn markers that I could easily storage for her. The problem is, in my local area, all of the dice containers are the generic plastic containers that break upon impact with anything =/. Does anyone know of an online place where I can find some better quality dice and dice containers?

Chessex makes some of the best dice available. You could get her some custom made ones as well, or just her favorite color. What about a dice bag instead of a dice case? Those could work out too.

I think the custom-made dice is a great idea. You could compliment that with a dice bag you sew yourself (very easy).
I"ve refurbished some girls' makeup boxes I found at a yard sale. A deck box fits in the box nicely along with dice along the side. I found a craft box you can get at any craft store works nicely too. A box fits inside and dice fit in the little boxes on the side. My son uses an all-red die as a burn counter and an all-green one for poison. See my photo.
Good luck!

Chessex has solid green and red dice with no "dots" on them zz(what ilikegengar said above) that can be stored in the dice container and used for burn and poison. They are a good size to go along with a lot of the dice sets they sell. You can always remove a couple regular dice to make room for the burn and poison. If you want a pouch/bag, check the jewelry sections of stores, some have little pouches that might work. Maybe a little gift tin, or plastic box you can get in the craft section. I saw a cute little unfinished wood box with a latch at a craft store recently. You could paint it or decorate it somehow with Pokemon stuff/stickers and put the dice in that.

I've found that you can just place the burn and poison counters on top of your dice in the chessex dicebox very easily. I'd go to chessex's website and look around. Little bags can be found in many places. I found one at one of those souviner shops where you can fill a bag of rocks/gems for a few dollars.
Good luck!

Exactly how big are the dice? Have you considered one of the japanese dice/damage counter cases? They are plastic but I have yet to see one "explode" on impact :biggrin: They hold 34 , I believe, of the small dice.

You can buy extra dice cases at the Chessex website.

They are marketed as a figure stand, but there is a disclaimer saying they are the same.

The japanese dice/damage counter cases hold 35 dice and have room for a few of the condition markers. The one i use i have had for about 3 years.

I really like the BK card holders for dice containers. They hold a solid amount of D6s (I would say 12ish, or alot of small ones), but not so great for d20s. however, you can easily fit in random damage counters and burn/posion markers as well in them. Obviously you can also hold translations in them as well, making them multifuntional (not to mention probably the best looking containers around).

My boys like to use a small wooden treasure chest that we bought at Michael's for $1 or $2. It is unfinished wood and they have different styles of boxes and treasure chests. You could finish it yourself if you wish with paint or stain. We just use dice from a dice cube and add damage markers too.

Another cute option is to use the plastic deckboxes that Burger King gave away earlier in the year. We have a few extra if you'd like one.

I use the marble bags that have some of the original 150 pokemon on them. They came out a while ago,but be on the look out on ebay or whatnot.

Your mom might like something like a coin purse or cigarette case. I'm thinking of those small cloth bags with a metal mouth.

Some of the folks in my area are really creative. They use stones, poker chips, or other home-made decorations. Consider using change (pennies for 10 dmg, nickles for 50 dmg, etc.)

Good luck!

Austin, I carry my dice in a leather pouch (real leather). They tend to be REALLY soft and durable. Have you thought about that, instead of a container?

My son snaked the pouch that my Oakleys came in to carry his. Works pretty well, and you can put whatever type of poison & burn markers that you use in it. I am looking for another Oakley bag for my dice, but can't seem to find anymore. You could probably go to a sunglass place also and buy a generic bag.

If you go to a craft store like Michael's, Jo Anns Fabrics, etc., they have plastic cases that you can use to hold damage counters. they are the "softer" plastic and will not shatter if dropped on the ground. They are usually in the craft section. Also, go to the bead section where you can find all sorts of decent sized flat beads that can be used for status markers. You could get the case and beads for less than $5 total

Back