Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Did it! Sevierville Masters Win

KingGengar

So, I go to sleep at 3 am, and (what do you know?) I get a lucky call at 9 am, waking me up. I get out to the street and go to pick up Alex, but I can't find him. I finally give up at 10, and head to TN, and the traffic! OK, so I get there with a few minutes to spare. I'm playing Luxray Cool Tools.

ROUND 1: vs Beedrill (Chris H): Well, not much to say here. He never got a chance to set up and I ran through six prizes, 2 off Lux, 2 off Chomp, 2 off Krow. 1-0

ROUND 2: vs. Palkia Lock (Mike "that's what she said" R.): I get an excellent start and he couldn't keep away from my Lux. Also, his Toxie Promo was prized. Lots of Spray-ing. I think I took 2 prizes off my own Promo. 2-0

LUNCH: Wendy's! What else?

ROUND 3: vs. BlazeRay (T.J.C.): This was a game I thought would be harder, but I was unimpressed with Blaze. TJ, however, is always cool. I know I Chomped at least twice. 3-0

ROUND 4: vs. BlazeRay (Cody): Same scenario, but easier. I just had a great start. 4-0

ROUND 5: vs. Beedrill (Ryan G.): Horrible start. I did Honcho's Command for like 3 starts. I kept Spraying him until I could set up. It was even prizes@ 2, then I misplayed, Turn-ing my Lux Lv.X, for what reason I forgot. Anyway, that put me a step behind and I couldn't recover. 4-1

TOP CUT: 3rd seed.

TOP 4: I play Dustin's Gross Blasted Mother Cat.

GAME 1: I took 3 quick prizes and he scooped.
GAME 2: Same, but quicker.

The problem was, of course, Lux vs. Turtle, which was the entire strategy of the match. Spraying when possible. I even Toxic Fang-ed to keep him off-balance at one point.

TOP 2: Ryan's Speedrill.

GAME 1: I get a GREAT start, and am set up with no worries. I have Chomp ready to Level and attack, but I have damaged his lone Bee badly with Krow, so I move up Uxie and level up to get the draw power and to KO the Bee for 20. I'm told I already dropped an Energy, but not so! It was my fourth turn, and I hadn't missed an Energy drop, the proof being the 3 Supporters in the discard. So, I was able to KO the Bee. Why not the Claydol with Chomp, I was asked. Honestly, I had a Spray in hand, and I figured I'd just shut him down, then take the Claydol with Chomp next turn.

GAME 2: A good start, but his is wunnerful. We're tied at 3 prizes when he gets 4 Bees and I scoop.

GAME 3: I start well. I take the first prize, a Weedle rather than Bright-Looking Claydol. I can't KO the dreidl and I want to get a margin of prizes going. He damages Lux with a Bee for 60 and I hit it back for 60 after beginning to set up a Toxie and a Chomp. He KO's the Lux, I revenge the Bee. Time is called and it's Ryan's turn. I have a Poke-Turn in hand and an Energy Gain on Toxie Active. I have Cyrus, but I will need SP Radar to get ChompX. Oddly, he Warps and I bring up Uxie. I thought for sure he'd KO the Toxicroak rather than let me possibly Turn or Leap it, but I guess he didn't have ESP to read my thoughts. :-D He plops down a Plus Power and eats Uxie. Tied. But that's the game. Cyrus for SP for X-Chomp, Turn the Toxie and use the Gain to hit the Bench and win. I asked Ryan why he did that and he explained that he needed to get the Warp out of his hand so he could Cosmic for 6. Good reason, considering he didn't even have a Band Attack Bee when he started his turn! Great game, Ryan.

Victory Medal. I wear my "Did it" pin in the photo. I pull a Blaze and Metagross in my packs. Earlier, I won a tin, so I get RayQ-X and Snorlax-X also. Nice.

PROPS: Keith, who always runs a quality show.
Jeff and Toni for keeping me in line ;-)
Pokemon, for having great people and players

SLOPS: Germs (call me Howard Hughes)

You missed a judge in the PROPS. ;)

Good job. You deserved it.

Congrats Tom. Well done. The 3rd game w/ Ryan in the finals would have been interesting if you 2 had more time. Bees are hard to beat, once they set up. (As you know)

Keith

Matt: thanks.

Jason: Everyone chant "Ma-ri-o!"

dtrain: WTG!

Keith: Thanks bud. Ah, but I had already taken 2 of his Bees and about to take his Claydol, with Power Spray in hand to stop another Flutter. Would've been CLOSE!

You did well Tom. Congrats. Granted, I had a pretty bad start, but it was a good game. I look forward to posing more of a challenge in the future (since I'm finally a Master.) WTG.

I look forward to posing more of a challenge in the future (since I'm finally a Master.) WTG.
FINALLY!
Seriously, when was this guy going to age up?
It looked like Godzilla vs. Tokyo in each of his games. :lol:

Back