3x N
3x Cheren
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Pokemon Communication
1x Town Map

Energy: (11)
11x Darkness Energy

Overview:
This is my personal take on the Weavile/Exeggcute deck. Like the others, it focuses on powering up a Weavile on t2, packing 4 eggs in hand, then going to town. All of the Supporters are there to keep my hand filled with other Pokemon for the ex OHKOs, or to setup even faster. Many of the trainers do the same, but there's enough room for tech and personal flare as well. That said, I'm new enough after my retirement to still need tips from the pros. So I thought I'd toss it up and see what everyone thought!

Tech & Flare:
Absol: High health, low retreat, and solid damage capabilities, Absol looked like the perfect basic to add to protect against bad openings. He doesn't help the setup much, but he's protected against Frozen Stadium. (Other cards considered: Darkrai EX, Sableye-Junk Hunt)

Mewtwo EX: Almost every dark type has a weakness to fighting, and I hate the idea of losing a game before I ever even sit down at the table. Since Mex Tex (bad nickname, I know) only needs 2 energy of any color to unleash some terrible damage, and often that damage can tear into fighting types, he seemed a natural go-to. (Other cards considered: Darkrai EX, Sableye-Junk Hunt)

Dark Fang: 20 damage might not seem like much, but it's like having an extra card in hand that I don't have to discard to fire off. Idealistically these can be dropped for Pokemon Catchers, if I ever get my hands on a set.

Hynotoxic Laser: Plus power on Steroids. Anti-Virbank tech. Wing and a prayer for sleep in a pinch. Probably my least favorite card in the meta for the exact same reasons I run it.

Pokemon Communication: In a perfect world, Communication lets me fetch the needed setup cards in time to activate them, but in reality there are probably better options. I guess testing and your advice will tell me what ends up happening to this card! (Other Considerations: Skyarrow Bridge, Town Map-1, Computer Search-1, Ultra Ball, Tool Scrapper, Enhanced Hammer, Pokemon Catcher-1, HypnoToxic Laser-1, Sableye)

Town Map: Nothing breaks a setup faster than prizes. Having a crucial egg or supporter in the prize pile can outright be a loss, unless I'm lucky enough to pull it on a KO. Town Map alleviates that to some extent. It also allows me to grab pokes after a knockout, setting me up for a OHKO the following turn. (Other Considerations: Computer Search, Pokemon Catcher, HypnoToxic Laser)

Closing comments:
So that's the deck! Anyone looking to build it, I spent around $20 getting it together after some trading at my league. To just buy it outright will probably cost you closer to the $50 marker, which is dirt cheap for a deck that can hold its own in competitive play.

I've not got much time to play the deck since I've only had proxies thus far. The remnants of the cards listed in the main deck should arrive today, which gives me the next 20 hours to prep for a Battle Roads tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, the deck's name. The primary attack is 'Vilify' which comes from the same root word as villain. Literally, it makes the target a villain. 'You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.' Corny, but I liked the idea so I just ran with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back