Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dinosaurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangaroo

This is a deck a built strictly for fun, not meaning to win a tournament at all. I just need something to play that doesn't take much concentration, but provides a fun and competitive deck. Any help would be appreciated, as long as its in good taste. :tongue:

Pokemon: 18
3 Kabutops AOA
1 Kabutops MD (Im considering taking this out for another Kabutops AOA)
2 Kabuto MD
2 Omastar AOA
2 Omanyte MD
2 Aerodactyl AOA
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
1 Unown G
1 Uxie

Fossils: 12
4 Dome Fossil
4 Helix Fossil
4 Old Amber

Energy: 8
6 Fighting
2 Water

Trainers: 22
4 Bebe's
2 Broken Time Space
2 Cynthia's
3 Expert Belt
2 Fossil Excavator
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's
2 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's
1 Warp Point

Strategy:
Okay, so you will probably start off with any fossil, which works because you can just discard it if its not what you want. Pretty simple strategy, aggro with a belted kabutops early, try to use kabuto's power to set up and aerodactyl, and use omastar late game. That's basicly the only strategy against every deck, there is no way around gengar, no fancy tricks versus fly lock. But i enjoy playing it, and would like to make it better. Thanks!

I think you should keep the Kabutops from MD only because it acts like a Spiritomb and because if you put damage counters on the opponent's Pokemon from an Arceus Kabutops you can keep damaging all those Pokemon so they are weaker. As for how it could be changed maybe...

- 2 Aerodactyl
- 2 Old Amber
+ 2 Fossil Excavator
+ 2 Rare Candy

I think if you did that you could keep the other 2 Old Ambers to use as Ammo for Arceus Kabutops and at the same time keep the Poke Power that Aerodactyl has but you can look through the discard pile as well. The Rare Candies are self explanatory.

I hope this helps. This deck looks like fun if I'm able to get the cards I just might run it as a fun deck. :thumb:

I can see your point on those changes, but its nice not having to waste a supporter every turn to get a fossil. Plus the aerodactyl is easily set up because of Kabuto's power. Same as the rare candy, the fossils automaticaly get the stage 1. The two candies that are in there are soley for late game.

But i will try these changes, and see how they work. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back