4 eevee - ss (get 3 eevee-utions
3 umbreon sky (turn off powers)
1 Espeon SS (anti Psy)
2 absol (Need a strong basic or Tech)
Trainers: 25
4 TV Reporter (draw)
4 shaman (disruption)
2 Oaks Research (draw)
3 Fast Ball.. (get your muks after getting your umbreons via eevee)
2 fan club (Get Eevees)
4 potion (help Muk)
2 Crystal Shard (anti-Dragon)
2 Low Pressure System (+10 HP to me)
1 Town Volunteers (Get back pokemon)
1 Pokemon Reversal/Warp Point (board control)

Energy: 17
10 Grass
4 dark
3 multi

Strategy..
Start with Eevee(s), use Signs of Evolution, Get Umbreon for next turn. Evolve to Umbreon to turn off powers. Build 2nd Umbreon or Muk Ex. Use FastBall this turn to get Muk Ex since most other evols should be out of the deck. Shaman to disrupt opponent. TV reporter to add to hand and keep shaman handy.

Should do well against anything using powers. Might have some matchup problems with Psy, Amphy Ex, Kingdra Ex.
Thoughts, comments?

-2 absol
-1 shaman
-3 Fastball
-4 potion
-2 club
+3 dunsparce
+1 POR
+3 PETM
+4 pokemon reversal
+1 warp point/switch (make your other one wp/switch)

The absols arent good in this kind of deck. Replace them with dunsparce to get fill your bench w/ grimer/eevee. I took fastball out and put in PETM because it allows you to search out muk exclusively. With the LPS - you dont need to worry if muk gets smacked by volcanic ash. In fact, I chose to kill potions all together to maximize poke reversal usage. This will allow you a higher chance to gust out a naked rayquaza or basic for an easy kill. Have 2 switch or warp point in this deck at all times. Muks retreat is a little heavy, and most of the time you'll be charging him on bench anyway.

Last edited:
Hero said:
-2 absol
-1 shaman
-3 Fastball
-4 potion
-2 club
+3 dunsparce
+1 POR
+3 PETM
+4 pokemon reversal
+1 warp point/switch (make your other one wp/switch)

The absols arent good in this kind of deck. Replace them with dunsparce to get fill your bench w/ grimer/eevee. I took fastball out and put in PETM because it allows you to search out muk exclusively. With the LPS - you dont need to worry if muk gets smacked by volcanic ash. In fact, I chose to kill potions all together to maximize poke reversal usage. This will allow you a higher chance to gust out a naked rayquaza or basic for an easy kill. Have 2 switch or warp point in this deck at all times. Muks retreat is a little heavy, and most of the time you'll be charging him on bench anyway.

with all the rest of his supporters, id still use the fast ball, its good in this deck, cause if you use eevees attack, then you should have almost (and i mean MAAAAAYbe one more) evos BUT mukEX out of your deck

other then that, i cant see anything else to do

good deck
have fun

I know what you mean GodTrainer. Its either fastball or PETM. either one works ;x

Last edited:
the only difference is fastball is not a supporter and petm is. If yo uwant to take a chance and then use a supporter then use fastball, but if you want the evolution that u need right away use petm. fast ball is not always reliable. he could manage to get the wrong evolution. say if he was looking for muk he could get umbreon. with petm he gets what he wants when he wants it, plain and simple.

This is almost an identical deck that I played at States.... did we play each other??

Anyway, PFC and Fastball is THE way to go in this deck.. wish I would've done it there, tried it later and works much faster than Sparce, plus extra Bench room. However, a Secondary Idea is Roselia. KOed a Cradily Ex slowly by putting it to sleep and then they had nada ot come back from. Plus fast powering is a key to Muk Ex. Absol tech does work well in this deck... however, can become a liability late in the game. Reporters tend to hurt more than help, 4 POR is a must and I would opt for BM over Reporter here. YOu need pretty much everything you have. and I see no Switch or an insufficient amount of Warp Points... trust me 3-3 on this... Have 1 Muk for strictly switching out and Poisoning while having 1-2 for heavy hitting... GL

Thats a good combo. Have 3 umbreons in the deck, use eevee's attack and get them, next turn fastball. With no more umbreons in the deck, you are guaranteed a muk ex. Then use a bill's maintenance or something and shuffle in the umbreons you don't need. Nice.

Wow another mumbreon deck. It must finally be getting popular. I posted one way back in Dec 2003.
http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=3425
I use to use fast ball, I have played it with rosila/wobby, umby wobby, and scizor. They all have their faults. IMHO the best list is still umby/muk ex. Seviper is now stronger with the increased play of kingdra ex, kabutop ex, and swampert ex. Fast 80 hp basic with a 2 nrg anti ex attack with status that is tech against all the ex decks being played. I have even dropped shard on seviper vs ray with good results.
Here's my latest list

20 pokes
4 dunsparse
4 Grimer
4 Muk ex
3 eevee - ss (get 3 eevee-utions
2 seviper - crazed ex tech

Trainers: 23
4 shaman (disruption)
4 Oaks Research (draw)
3 team magma conspirator - get nrg and attach every turn
1 Town Volunteers
3 Fast Ball.. (get your muks after getting your umbreons via eevee)
2 Low Pressure System
4 Warp Point

Energy: 17
11 Grass
4 dark
2 multi
I find that without rosila you need to make sure you attach nrg every turn. I ooften found myself not having the nrg. I have since added 3 conpirators to fetch 2 basic nrg. Problem solved. Go ahead, laugh. I would. I agree it looks dumb but it works in this deck.

Last edited:
Thanks Prime.. was hoping someone saw that.... it works better than some may think...and you can still fast ball next turn after using Eevees attack....then BM.. work's well

The spare/pfc is an interesting question. I have played it both ways. I haven't really made up my mind. My latest list reflects my sparse phase of testing. I use to get lots of remarks about my "sparceless" muk ex deck but it does work well with fast ball. If you decide play pfc, I think 4 eevee's is a must. I have also played espy in this deck. It has worked better for me with 2 and 2 boost. 1 will work but it dies quickly. If you play espy or wobby 3 or 4 multi's work best. It depends what you plan on doing. Seems like every time I have a non power stopping poke active bad things happen so I have limited myself to 4/4 muk ex, 4/3 umby, 4 sparse and 2 specialty slots. Seviper is faster than wobby but not nearly as strong. Very situational but a fun play. My early lists played absol for weakness coverage and bad news. It's a strong attack with all the catty/tv reporter decks. I may drop a seviper for an absol. Good luck with your deck.

Last edited:
MrMeches: Nope, I was not at the States in Texas. If you come down to Houston for the Gym Challenge, you'll see me there.

Hero: Thanks for the fixes. Did some apprentice testing on Sat and IRL testing in League on Sunday. Definitely, consistent setup is the key.

Psycodad: Thanks for the tech ideas! I am leaning for seviper, but still would like wobuffett. This is my main dillema. I am quite Psy weak, but Darkness seems to be the only thing Psy resistant now. Seviper and wobuffet are psy weak too. I haven't had any energy issues yet in my playtesting. But usually, the best way to solve energy problems is to add Energy!

I have decided to play Dunsparce over Fan Club. With Dunsparce comes Elms Training Method. But I am not dropping Fast Ball either. I like TV reporter, because it gets those extra dunsparces out of my hand.

So, it looks like:
4 Grimer
4 Muk ex
3 eevee - ss (get 3 eevee-utions
3 dunsparse
2 seviper (or absol or wobuffet)

4 Warp Point
4 Oaks Research (draw)
3 shaman (disruption)
3 TV Reporter
2 PETM
2 Fast Ball
1 TV Reporter
1 Low Pressure System
1 Aqua Hideout (increase retreat cost, extra damage)

Energy: 18
11 Grass
4 dark
3 multi

Wobby is weak to psy as well as seviper. Sevipr is faster. I am playing around with one seviper and one absol. I do like the team aquas hideout. I am not using tv reporter in my deck. I guess you can discard a spare dunsparse. BTW, you have listed it twice. Maybe bills maintainence might be better in this list.

I say WHERE'S THE WOBBERS! >_< I would replace , -1 Eevee and 1 Espy for WOBBERS. also, this deck is coo, but Thooper Fast Muk Beatdown KILLS IT! U all kno what I'm talkin about don't ya? Fully powered, turn 2 Muk, and a ready and waiting Muk and wobbers on the bench! I think I've proved it's worth, and while this deck may be more consistant, THOOPER Fast Muk Beatdown is the sheezy. No one can take my title as the Thooper Fast Muk Beatdown MASTER away from me. gherms and most of the rest of yall good players kno what I'm talkin about.(NO KYOGRE, not the same 1 I played at FX!) Thx fo readin!
-Swampy

O and one more thing, ESPY SUX W/ NO BOOST, so if ur gonna keep the Espy, -3 Multi +3 Boost, or sumthin else... My brain isn't workin too good at the moment, so if ya wanna take sumthin else out, fine by me.... lol

Something I found works well is if you add retro energy. You can have an Umbreon active, add retro energy to remove Umbreon and then evolve to Espeon. I knocked out a Gardevoir EX this way once. It gave my daughter fits :D
---Nicole
WeileMom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back