Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Disputing a claim made against me on paypal.

depends on if your seller or buyer, if your seller then paypal dont care about you, simple as that. They dont care about any sellers even if they are in the right and the buyer is in the wrong.

Well I'm the seller. I DO NOT have the money to pay for this claim.
Then I think they'll take all you have in your balance, but at least they can't refund the full amount (good thing for you if the buyer is a scammer)... but as soon as you put money in the account, they'll probably give any due money to them.

Yeah, Bullet is right. Buyer can pull just about anything off:

I don't like it!
I don't know how to use it!
I never got it! If they make this claim, and you have no acceptable method to prove it was sent, you automatically loose)

But more info would be nice so that we can help better... like what is the claim against you?

Okay let me explain this whole thing

Happened on p o j o

I traded Proxdraw some Maplestory codes for $60 which he said zinkro(the guy who filed a dispute) would give me. Proxdraw supposedly was supposed to sell zinkro some YuGiOh. zinkro Gives me the 60 dollars but files a claim against me on Paypal for not recieving cards. Isn't this Prox's fault and not mine and the claim is wrong? zinkro refuses to take down the claim.

FIRST OF ALL, he has no evidence of a trade between me and him. Only of a trade between him and proxdraw. Technically He should have sent money to Prox who would have then sent the money to me. We took shortcuts. Prox never sended his end. Now I'm stuck with a problem that has nothing to do with me. I fulfilled every end of the trade that belonged to me.

Ok, so you sold a digitally transmitted item (codes)... sorry kind of confusing since I don't know the names. Geeze it's confusing three way trade online... anyway, I know some good stuff for you about out of eBay transactions :D

No refunds can be given for digitally transmitted goods (like ebooks, codes for online, etc.).
Also, you can send someone a rock in a box, as long as it has a delivery confirmation number and get away with it. Off eBay PayPal doesn't care if the item is as described, all they care about is that they got something, anything, and if they say the got a rock in a box they won't care... lol, don't recommend doing this, but just letting you know the TRUTH.

They can only win an off eBay claim if they got nothing. A tracking number proves they got something.

Say you got a broken item, and it was off eBay. Item was described as working. Well, as long as they have proof that something was sent to you, you're out of luck (if they're not an honest dealer that stands up to their word).

So, since this isn't involving eBay, your chances as the seller are WAY better. This is the information that I've learned, if anything is inaccurate please correct me.

it was on p o j o, not ebay. I did not sell him digitally transmitted goods. I sold it to Prox. Prox is the one who should have sent to zinkro. Zinkro, only having my Paypal to blame, then files a Claim.

Ok... so did you put a tracking number on it that says it has been delivered?

If not... most likely game over :frown:

Why would I have done that? It is Proxdraw's Responsibility. It was a three way trade
Well, this whole thing is confusing with th e three way deal. Three way deals are confusing enough in real life, and I don't know if PayPal will understand this or even take the time to try. But what I do know is that PayPal wants to make the experience better for the buyer. It doesn't matter if you're an honest person and have a solid record. :nonono:

I recommend reading the PayPal User Agreement that you agreed too. This is the best way to find out the truth and how this all works. I know it is very long, but read it carefully, or maybe parts and pieces and you'll be an expert and know very useful stuff. There is CRAZY stuff in there, and when I say CRAZY, I mean it.

I'd also recommend waiting for Bullet to respond again because he knows a lot about this stuff.

You know want know something else buyers can get by with through paypal?

Listen to this story and I reopened the dispute myself after it happened.

I often go to flea markets, yard sales, and such to pick up items to sell on ebay, well I picked up a bargain buggy which is a shopping cart full of stuff they cant sell for like $5 sometimes for $10, it had alot of these hand held Vtech and Vtech machines in it you hook up to a TV. Well I tested the handhelds, they worked so I posted them up on ebay.

Well I sold one with no problem.

But the next one I sold the buyer claimed it didnt work, didnt know where the reset button was, like they didnt know anything about it YET! in the ebay messages and paypal complaint they said they tried several games in it and it didnt work including hooking it up to the TV, so I am like (How can they not know much about the Vtech system and then own the cable hookup to the TV and games for it?) Well it raised suspicion with me that what was going to happen was if they returned it, I was going to get their broken one back, well paypal DECIDED for me to issue a refund once the item was returned.

Well when I got the item, sure enough, it was the old broken one they had, to top it off, it didnt even look like what I had sold, their was some major differences in it, aside from color and placement of the speaker and writing on top, the biggest way I knew that it wasnt the one I sold was the battery cover on the back was screw on cover, one I got back wasnt.

Apparently paypal let this go and I am still in disputes now with it and have been for about 2 weeks now.

But you see, buyers can get by with anything through paypal. How do you tell a bad buyer? you dont, cant leave a negative.

I would have to say theirs laws in place to protect sellers from that or at least think they have laws for it.

Looks like I'm going to have to send this guy a good portion of pokemon to compensate. I can't win so I just give up. I'm grounded for a month. I have Homework to do since I've been trying to settle this all day. All and all, this has been one of the worst days of my life.

Oh well, if this is one of the worst days of your life, you should consider yourself lucky compared to the trauma others may have to deal with.

Hopefully you learned something from this. I know whenever I nearly get ripped or make a mistake, I learn a lot more and it only makes me a better person in the end.

So maybe next time put that tracking number on for seventy five cents, or only accept money orders so you're in control.

Hope that helps and sorry about what went wrong :(

never sell virtual items like that through paypal, paypal dont have protection now for sellers as it is, let alone selling codes or in game items.

tracking number dont mean anything either, paypal is just a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

Back