Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Disruption Cards That Output a lot of Damage?

maddox23

Are there any disruption cards that output a lot of damage whilst still being fairly fast? I ask because I am building a disruption deck, and was wondering if there was a good card for lots of damage output whilst still being fairly damaging. I was thinking Houndoom, but found it was too hard to get out. I also tried Gengar Prime, but that doesn't do enough damage to be worth anything. I can't seem to think of anything, so what do you think.

Yeah, but I'm looking for something a bit more rogue. I was gonna incorporate Slowking and Weavile. I was also gonna build a Chenlock. I dunno what to do

haha, you could build sablock with a 1-1 slowking! booooooom

also, there's a guy in masters who has done semi-well with houndoom/weavile and he teched slowking and like 1-1 umbreon UD in it. sableye as a main starter.

it included judges/initiatives/team rockets trickery.

I didnt have too much trouble because I knew to save my sprays for claw snag, (and I topdecked a uxie after he got my hand down to 0)

but it definitely has potential in seniors (you are in seniors right? i forget lol)

Yanmega with four Judge, and Looker's. It's not that bad.

But really. It's pretty touch to find a fast, disruptive deck that can do a lot of damage. If there was one, it would be pretty much perfect and everyone would play it. Oh, right... LuxChomp. LuxChomp has Power Spray for disruption, some builds run one Judge, and it's fast and hits for a lot of damage. VileGar and DialgaChomp also have the Trainer disruption business.

Too bad Claydol is gone or you could have played [insert vulgar deck name here], which used a combination of Flygon Lv.X, Exeggutor, Slowking, and some other stuff to drop the opponent's hand size to zero and prevent them from drawing anything. It sounds bad, but it really wasn't.

haha, you could build sablock with a 1-1 slowking! booooooom

also, there's a guy in masters who has done semi-well with houndoom/weavile and he teched slowking and like 1-1 umbreon UD in it. sableye as a main starter.

it included judges/initiatives/team rockets trickery.

I didnt have too much trouble because I knew to save my sprays for claw snag, (and I topdecked a uxie after he got my hand down to 0)

but it definitely has potential in seniors (you are in seniors right? i forget lol)
That's probably Kayhon, and yeah, he goes to my league. But I am in Seniors. It'd be great in Juniors
:lol:.

If you're thinking of a dark energy deck, Absol/Absol LvX and Sableye with Cyrus' Initiative would be good inclusions

Yanmega with four Judge, and Looker's. It's not that bad.

But really. It's pretty touch to find a fast, disruptive deck that can do a lot of damage. If there was one, it would be pretty much perfect and everyone would play it. Oh, right... LuxChomp. LuxChomp has Power Spray for disruption, some builds run one Judge, and it's fast and hits for a lot of damage. VileGar and DialgaChomp also have the Trainer disruption business.

Too bad Claydol is gone or you could have played [insert vulgar deck name here], which used a combination of Flygon Lv.X, Exeggutor, Slowking, and some other stuff to drop the opponent's hand size to zero and prevent them from drawing anything. It sounds bad, but it really wasn't.

and then your opponent cosmic powers their hand back to 6, lol.

*sigh* uuuufff and Politoed were talking about an 'IF Claydol was in the format' scenario

Before you go calling people stupid, you might want to try and understand what they are saying, otherwise the person who comes out of it looking stupid is you.

giritina x, slowking, and weaville hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if you be in seniors this deck works pretty good, other than that strictly a highly disruptive deck for the lulz.

edit: did i mention spiritomb is in it?

Houndoom/Slowking is better then generally given credit for. I found Weavile to be a dead draw in the deck. Usually after the opponent took down 2 Houndooms, they're left resourceless and a 3rd Houndoom can swoop through their field. The key is using Slowking and no lolWeavile, because Slowking can prevent them from topdecking that vital Uxie/Collector, and instead give them stuff like Bebe, Communication, the works.
My list ran 4 Sableye as well. Use your supporter for the turn, then finish with an Initiative/Rockets Trickery. This gave the initial disruption. Then Houndoom takes over. VS Seekers were highly important too - if your opponent takes a prize, you really want to Trickery it out of their hand, because if they end your turn with 1 card in hand, they can often come back somehow by using a Bebe or something.

Here's what I decided on. Houndoom for early attacking and Dusky to mop up later. It works.

---------- Post added 11/13/2010 at 10:09 AM ----------

if you be in seniors this deck works pretty good, other than that strictly a highly disruptive deck for the lulz.

Also, you made me ignore you simply by saying lulz. I go to places too, but jesus christ, I know how to shut up about it.

Plus Giratina is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Here's what I decided on. Houndoom for early attacking and Dusky to mop up later. It works.

---------- Post added 11/13/2010 at 10:09 AM ----------

Also, you made me ignore you simply by saying lulz. I go to places too, but jesus christ, I know how to shut up about it.

Plus Giratina is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ignoring someones suggestion and offering no creative input just because of one word also explains why you are asking for other peoples advice about how you should play a game that you are supposed to be good at. So next time look at your bidoof/typhlosion prime deck and you are trying to ponder on how you cant seem to break even at a tourney figure out how to make it better yourself.

Last edited:
i gurantee that deck will never be ran again, it was the suprise and people not knowing how to play against it too well, here in florida our metagame is dominated by sp so i guess seeing the tomb made them focus on the tomb rather than the set up. lol or wasting dce and bright look on uxies.

and unfortunately there is nothing fun about florida brs, they treat them like buisness even before the venues are announced... our prereleases are just as bad lol. SIGH!

Last edited:

i gurantee that deck will never be ran again, it was the suprise and people not knowing how to play against it too well, here in florida our metagame is dominated by sp so i guess seeing the tomb made them focus on the tomb rather than the set up. lol or wasting dce and bright look on uxies.

and unfortunately there is nothing fun about florida brs, they treat them like buisness even before the venues are announced... our prereleases are just as bad lol. SIGH!

I made you mad... Hahaha. I'm a senior, and I do quite well at tournaments. Don't insult me by saying that I run... what was it you said? Oh Typhlosion Prime/Bidoof? Never mind that you had bad creative input, and just because your brother got second at a Florida BRs doesn't mean it has any chance at an Oregon Battle Roads. I main with SP, and so does every other competitive player in my state and division, so I suggest that you stop with the grandiosity you get from being in a higher division and start seriously rethinking your attitude.

Now, why it's bad. Giratina is barely disruptive, but also hard to get out. Like, impossible. It's like putting 4 energies just to have it die in two Flash Impacts. I'm looking for fast, a bit disruptive, and actually good. Never mind that Slowking is also difficult to get out.

Back