Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ditto: great new gameplay options

Typhlosion King

Ditto was a good card back in fossil, and now he's coming back in the next set! Leafeon lx makes this pokemon a force. Your opponent has an empoleon md out. Bring out a ditto with 1 energy, attatch 2 with Leafeon lx, and do up to 100 damage. He's a flexible card.

Ditto LV.33 – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Metamorphosizing DNA
As long as this Pokemon is an Active Pokemon, its maximum HP is the same as the opponent's Active Pokemon's maximum HP, and it can use that Pokemon's attacks as its own (it must have the required Energy for the attack).

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Translation from Pokebeach.com

The ditto is alright, but since cards like Holon's Castform will be out of the format when it can be played, I don't see it getting too far, but who knows at this point. It could be good against something like Kingdra, since Kingdra itself doesn't require much, so a multi covers the attack cost.

We have Rotom,Kingdra/Sprites are gonna be played,you can use their attacks for low energy cost. Playing Togekiss with different type of energies isnt bad at all,its more of a deck based around it and you can gain Kingdra HP then use snowpoint temple and gain +20 more.

220HP Ditto (facing Wailord with Snowpoint Temple in play)! WOOT!

From the trasnlation you would just need the energy,but if thats it when it comes out its gonna be errated to say everything required to use that attack.Otherwise this would be a really good tech in some decks.

Copying (copiing ? coping ?) God Blast. Or would you still need the pixies in play :/ ?

You still need the pixies in play because you coppy the attack and I belive the attack states you need to have the pixies in play. If you can't supply the requirements for the attack you can't complete the attack.

God Blast, you would have to have the other 2 Lv.X's in play because it is his :pbody: that is copying the defending pokemon's attacks, so it has to fulfill all of the attack requirments

Ditto has 60 damadge on it facing something. The something retreats for 60HP pokemon and Ditto's body copys his HP = knock out:lol:

BUT ditto can copy there starters, or Rhyperior Lv.X<< thats so awesome

Danny

Last edited:
but snowpoint will give it 80 hp no matter where it is,plus Ditto would stay active until you KO it,thats what type of pokemon it would have to be played as.

I love this card more than any other card ever. Personally, I'd use it with Bastiodon. That way it can't be warp pointed or sniped. Will the new Dusknoir be too much with the resistance?

Bannete Ex, against basics (60 hp, for instance) it has 100 hp! Why?

Defending pokemon has 60+20 for snowpoint
ditto copies it, he now has 80
ditto gets 20 more for snowpoint

So ditto has 140 hp against mewtwo lx. :p

I see Ditto being a new tech. There aren't many good techs next format like Mew d or Mew d*, so I am happy to see Ditto.

Well, if Garchomp Lv.X restored Wailord as basic pokemon and it had Unown E attached and Snowpoint temple in play, Ditto could reach the magical 250 HP (260 with Unown E for itself).

The clash of giants...

Anyway, as big fan I was for fossil Ditto, this could act as a good tech. You can't really base your deck around it as it's so easy to counter. As you know for certain that whenever you draw a prize, your opponent will take one back with some sneaky trick (Unown Q is good at this).

But yes, it's a good tech against variety of pokémon, and a good starter against things like Furret.

Back