Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do rankings matter to you?

BuddyBoy

Well, do they? To me I could not care less to what my rank is as long as I get to play. I don't care if your ranked higher or lower then me. All this does is (in my opinion) force lower rankers to find new "tricks" to help them get head. If I may register my finally opinion; I think it's pretty dumb that Nintendo is making us sign up to My Pokemon so we can claim our prizes.

Sorry, but this really doesn't belong in the "State Championships" sub-forum. Moving to the main Tournaments forum for better visibility.

Moving,
- CHRISBO, Administrator

The rank is pretty important to me but I won't make a big deal out of it if I fall down a few notches. I will be very happy if it goes up a lot though!

its important to me because i really want to be the best in my State. if i fall a few spots then i won't worry but if i go up, i will be extremely happy.

Theres a rank list? J/K Yeah, as you can see, I don't care much for the list at all. Let me be last, I will be the best last there ever was!

BuddyBoy said:
Well, do they? To me I could not care less to what my rank is as long as I get to play. I don't care if your ranked higher or lower then me. All this does is (in my opinion) force lower rankers to find new "tricks" to help them get head. If I may register my finally opinion; I think it's pretty dumb that Nintendo is making us sign up to My Pokemon so we can claim our prizes.

You don't have to sign up to claim prizes, other than Travel awards and Invites. Any onsite prizes are always awarded regardless of whether you have an active My Pokemon account. If you don't care about those types of prizes, you certainly don't need to register your account.

The reason you must participate in My Pokemon to recieve invites and travel awards is so that we can actually CONTACT you if you win.

In addition, the contact information allows us to to far more verification of events and actual players in order to keep the play environment fair and balanced for all players.

Prof. Dav

It just adds another dimention to the whole game expirence for me. I like it! Gives me something to shoot for, even though I apperantly don't play in enough tourneys, because I have some pretty good places but my # hasn't gone up that much.

rankings? it doesn't matter that much to me, although i do like knowing i'm doing fine compared to others

I think I cared more about my son's ranking than I did. After being ranked so high (about 10th globally), my son decided he wasn't going to try to go to Pokemon Worlds because he was going to LOTR Worlds instead (being held the same weekend).

So, he's played sub-par the last two tournaments because he doesn't care about his ranking anymore. He knows that if he had to, he could probably do good enough at a Challenge to win a trip (or come mighty darn close).

I see many top-ranked players both in Pokemon and LOTR who know that on "any given day" they can compete with the best. I'd say that any top 100 player could EASILY win Worlds.

Rank is mostly a local rating. It proves nothing if you don't make top X at Challenges, Nationals, and/or Worlds.

Last edited:
You know, I'd be happy if I had a great rating, but quite frankly, all I see myself as is a judge who created a deck that probably inspired a deck that a 10-year-old won Worlds 2002 with.

it matters to me beacuse i want to make top 16 and get that invite if i don't win a gym or a stadium. im far off but id still like to do it.

Ratings and rankings are always there. There is just more hype going on about it because of the trip/invite. Some of us have better luck at times, some of us play broken net decks 95% chanced to win, some work their decks off playing rogue and some of us play in more tourney's than other's that makes their number ranking go up more often than another guy.

With the current incentative going on right now, rankings do matter because my children want to play in Worlds rather than a side event or watch. So if taking 2nd at every tourney and challenge boost their ranking high enough for a invite than they earned and deserve it.

In the end, we are ALL pokemon Masters and what's MOST important is that we Have fun and be the best we can be!!

Last edited:
Heh. Glad to see you, me and Martin are cool now, Nancy.

Rankings are just a tool to play in the world championships, and a fun little competition, to boot!

The rankings were the only thing we had as pokemonclub to feel connected with the pokemon community.
Now we have nothing left.
We don't get leaguekits.
We are not asked to organize anything official.
And I did not get a single reply on the 2 my pokemon forms I faxed more than 2 weeks ago.
So the only thing the kids had and liked (seeing themselves appear in a rankinglist) is also gone.
There are kids who want to play for the trip the coming Nationals, but what if no-one has signed up for my pokemon, because NOBODY overseas is listening or answering our emails/fax.
All remaining official modified leagues stepped out of OP this week, because we don't get any support from the distributor.
Kids are running to Yu-gi-oh because we don't have to offer then anything. Not even a stupid promocard.
We all are sick and tired of the whole situation and not willing to put anymore time/energy in this.

Rainbowgym I know its hard for you ( I know 'cos its hard for us in the UK! ) but dont give up! My son Shaun (PokePup1 ) is currently ranked #1 globally and I had a devil's own job trying to get his My Pokemon account up and running! But with perseverance it finally paid off! Shaun is happy as a skylark at the moment although I know it might all change round when more people get their My Pokemon account! So dont give up mate!!

Here's my thoughts...
Winning isn't everything, but its the only thing that matters.
I get even more mad when I don't get anything for a couple tournaments after paying 10 dollars each tournament.

Rankings are fun...simply numbers for us to look at and drool when someone goes on a tear to get to the top of the world.

Fun to watch our kids rocket to the top, only to go 2-2 at a league tourney and crash down to earth.

Fun to keep kids gunning at all times, inspired to keep playing...

Fun because any serious judge will never be highly ranked because we do not play, we simply run events.

I will see you all soon....come to Memphis or St. Louis and "improve your ranking" if you can.....

GO TEAM REAM - 1 Trip in the Bag,,,,how many more to go???

M45

The game

How did you get it UP? Iwas thinking to sign them in as 14 years old and then change their age but that is not the way it should be.
I mailed already twice but no reply.

I already gave up, just posted my goodbye in the prof forum.
My family will keep on playing but as far for my club I quit.

Back