Do these guys actually get paid for doing this

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Let Fire Fall, Aug 31, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

Like that guy M_Lesik and Poke Pop. Do they make a salary on making Pokemon Rulings? Those PUI or POP Members and stuff. I don't really know the difference between the two anyway.

Just wondering.

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 Active Member

Liesik works for PUI, so he gets paid.

PokePop doesn't work for PUI, so he don't get nothing. :wink:

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

All that Pop gets that I know of is an add for his eBay store. I'll buy something eventually.

4. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

So if you work for PUI is that an actual job like a nurse or something or is it just something like coaching a high school sports team where they don't get paid much to do it, its basically just enough to motivate somebody to do it?

5. Pablo

Pablo New Member

PUI is a company, so of course they have workers that get paid with salaries.

6. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

If your trying to be funny, your not!!! Mike, Pete and Dave, as well as others are full time employees for PUI. They work 5,6,7, days a week and who knows how many hours a day? They travel through out the country and the World to keep the game going and make sure it is being run according to guidlines.
    Other names you see such as Poke Pop, BDS and others are basically recruited by PUI to do all the grunt work.

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Nah, they didn't recruit us.
    We recruited ourselves.

Dave did buy me a Pina Colada, though.

8. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

I wasn't trying to be funny... It was a serious question. I guess it was answered though now so you could lock this if you want or you could keep this discussion going.

9. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Members of the Compendium are "volunteers" who do not earn any money for their work.
    Mike Liesik and Jimmer and other people who are a part of PUI are employees and get paid for their work.

10. paint panic

paint panic New Member

On a somewhat related topic, are PTOs reimbursed at all for the events they run or are they volunteers as well?

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

PTOs are paid, but not enough to quit their day job.
    Some events can be money losers.
    Some break even.
    Some turn a profit.

12. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Their the ones making all the BIG money:lol:

13. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

On a related note, I know it's relatively easy to become a TO, but how does one go about becoming a PTO that gets to judge big events like Nationals and Worlds and whatnot?

14. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

Lugias_Realm
    <-- ^ Not PTO's
    <-- ^Judged Nationals 2006
    <-- ^Judged Worlds 2006
    <-- ^Judged Nationals 2007
    <-- ^Judged Worlds 2007

BLiZz

To answer the question hard work and being in the right place right time.

15. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Exactly + being in the right country.

16. Flaming_Spinach

Flaming_Spinach Feature Editor

Why would they NOT get paid for working their rears off?

17. Poliwag92

Poliwag92 New Member

He didn't know that these are actually the "big guys" and that they actually care about what they are getting paid to do.

18. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

LOL - no PTO's outside the US except maybe the LD appointed or appointed OP managers and of course no contracts for rest of the world TO's

We do it 'cos we love you guys and for the Pina Colada :thumb:

19. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

20. PokeDaddy

PokeDaddy New Member

Come on, we all know that they really only do this for some spending money.

• Dave's real job is with the dancing group "Queen of TooBadLandier"; Income = 60K plus all the 1 dollar tips.
    • Mike's real job is hog farmer; Salary = 50K and all the free bacon (is this going to be a new food group?) he can fit in a wheelbarrow per week.
    • Pete's real job is still a mystery. Some speculate that he could be a secret agent working for Borat. Salary is unreported to the Feds. He does drive a Ferrari and has lots of bling though.....

LOL

I love you guys.

ps this is a joke for those of you who were wondering.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.