Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do you have a flag, yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i just decided that going back to the old thread would be futile since it was too long, so i decided to post my newest version of my kingdra EX deck

here it goes

do you have a flag??? v 5.943298032419807243908324098432098 lol

4 horsea (retaliate)
4 seadra (arrow)
3 kingdra EX
1 kingdra AQ
2 zigzagoon
2 linoone RS
2 dunsparce
2 wobbuffet
1 magmar EX
1 azurill
-22-

8 water
4 rainbow
3 boost
-15-

3 copycat
3 tv reporter
3 research
2 oracle
4 nurse
3 switch
1 warp point
2 crystal shard
1 town vol
1 HPS
-23-

this is the deck that won the STL CC and i think that everyone underestimates this deck

it can contend with every deck out there

sure it has it's weaknesses, but i don't think that i really have to worry about many of those decks that really hurt it

eh, rip it, fix it, give ur opinions

hmmm, ok i -6 +4???

well i'd suggest u get another one before ur claimed by another country, lol

also, why in the world would someone play 4 dunsparce???

that hasn't even made sense to me..... 2 is enough by my standards.....

yeah it's all about the odds, u can later discard it with TV Reporter or something, it's just all about the odds, playing singles of cards just decreases the odds of u getting them when u need em.

-MuD

They're both right Scotty.... I played 4 in my Niniken deck. 3ver wonder why they are my 1st active pokemon in about 75% of my games?

Duck

well chaddy, the reasoning for your situation against me is because god hates me!!!

same with DR. T........ if i ever play either of u 2, i get smited by god's wrath.....

well actually more of that when i play vs T, but still

*flashback of espeon/umbreon*............. AAARRRGGG

hmmm, i've been thinking about that stupid azurill

i've been pondering about whether or not to take it out, but i can't seem to think of something better to put in

2 dunsparce is my limit!!

so if anyone has an idea, please let me know

Venusaur said:
I dont have a flag I think my mom sold it in the yard sale.
-2 zigzagoon
-2 linoone RS
-1 magmar EX (????)
-1 azurill
+2 Dunsparce
+2 Wally's Training (Good for Turn 2 Kingdra)

Yeah, BigPoppa, what is that Magmar EX for? For sceptile? I don't think that's neccessary. If you get set up fast enough, you won't need Magmar EX to counter water resistant grass types. Or did you just put it in there for the same reason you put Azurill in there: because you couldn't think of anything else.

On the replacing Azurill, I kinda like Azurill, and I'm hanging onto mine because it'll be a half-decent card when Exp-Sky rotates out (if that's the way Nintendo's doing it), but if you really want to add something, add another Aquapolis Kingdra, because having that one in your prizes will leave your nurses a lot less effective.

Wooper

SuperWooper said:
Yeah, BigPoppa, what is that Magmar EX for? For sceptile? I don't think that's neccessary. If you get set up fast enough, you won't need Magmar EX to counter water resistant grass types. Or did you just put it in there for the same reason you put Azurill in there: because you couldn't think of anything else.

On the replacing Azurill, I kinda like Azurill, and I'm hanging onto mine because it'll be a half-decent card when Exp-Sky rotates out (if that's the way Nintendo's doing it), but if you really want to add something, add another Aquapolis Kingdra, because having that one in your prizes will leave your nurses a lot less effective.

Wooper

wooper, mainly i put magmar in there because of sceptile and because of STEEL....

in our environment, a lot of steel has been played and kingdra just can't really stand up much against an aggron....

magmar isn't the best choice mind u, but i think that it's better than moltres....

i don't know, for now i think i'll keep the deck the way it is because azurill has helped in some occasions and magmar has helped numerous times.......

oh well, any other thoughts?

Question!

I have played a few Kingdra (EX) decks, and I'm qurious how that Retaliate Horsea has worked for you. I've mostly used Reverse Thrust Horsea myself to get back to the bench if necessary (like if I encounter a Wobbuffet, which is all around here, and don't want to move/loose all my energies yet).

daddi--

retaliate has been a lifesaver on numerous occasions..... it has worked on some occasions that were critical

in the CC that i played in, in my 2nd round, i used retaliate twice and if i would've gotten tails, i would've lost, and reverse thrust wouldn't have helped........

wobbs haven't been a problem for me, by attacking the bench and having nurses, wobbs haven't even made me think twice.....

i just haven't really worried about a wobb.... i play 2 myself so people get kinda weiry of sending out one since it's an easy prize for me.....

i would definitely suggest playing this card as it is really fun and yet it is a good deck to play..... besides probably being the biggest threat to blaziken *let's please not get into another argument over that*

have fun with it, but i would suggest playing the retaliate horsea since it also knows smokescreen which helps if all u have is a horsea to start with and u need to stall.........

Scott, run 4 Dunsparce. Do it. Do it NOW.

hehe, honestly though, just try it out for a few games. You'll find that if you start with it, you're going to get setup a heckuva lot quicker. And that's what Kingdra needs, u need to swarm biiiiig time, like Biiiigpoppa time, haha couldn't resist.

You're right about Magmar, its not the best thing out there to stop aggron or sceptile... but at least its SOMETHING. 40+ burn isn't horrid against aggy, but you're basically giving up 2 prizes with it. However, this allows Kingdra to nail it for 50 if u power up that water gun thing. So, it might help, but i dunno.

Do you ever have energy droughts, scott? It just seems that with only 12 normal energy, that you would only be able to start water arrowing with 1 energy and not being able to power up the big attack. you want the big attack, man. I know you're running 1 TV already, but maybe add a fisherman or something?

I agree with dropping the Linoone line. Sparce (if you play 4... do it) will get you pretty much completely setup. Then, you can drop in a few PETM or Wally's Training, depending on how you get setup most of the time.

Anywho, good luck with it. I'll cya at States in April.

the thing that i like about linoone is that it can act like so many things all at once..... and i already play like 15 supporters, u want me to run 17-18 supporters????

after playin with mudkip and talkin about it, i agree at least 3 dunsparce is needed.....

hmm, i'm gonna drop the azurill for now for the 3rd sparce but i'll playtest on apprentice with ur fixes pat...

U SHOULD STILL CALL OFF WORK TOMORROW THO!!!

lol

ok well now that TATM is out, i figured i'd update the deck, basically only 2 changes, but it has helped a ton

i took out magmar EX and azurill and added suicune EX and a 3rd dunsparce so here's the new decklist, let me know what u think

4 horsea (retaliate)
4 seadra (arrow)
3 kingdra EX
1 kingdra AQ
2 zigzagoon
2 linoone RS
3 dunsparce
2 wobbuffet
1 suicune EX
-22-

8 water
4 rainbow