Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do you think a pokemon TCG anime ever could have worked?

jigglejuice

I was playing pokemon cards when the base set was released. but over time my young attention span was captured by Yugioh because it had an anime related to it. It felt cooler to play a game that I could watch done on tv on saturday mornings. I haven't played Yugioh in over 6 years now of course, but I always kind of fantasized about them making the pokemon TCG in somewhat the same image as Yugioh. I am talking the first couple seasons of Yugioh when it was solid. After season 3 I quit watching :p Anyway instead of pokeballs I guess the pokemon could exist in a seperate universe, but could be summoned through cards or something. Maybe I am just a dork, but I would have watched it and still would today. They managed to make a semi-respectable storyline in a video game version so maybe a tv show could be pulled off.

Last edited:
Between the two Pokemon TCG video games, this could have easily happened. Just imagine what it would have been like to have Imakuni? and Dr. Mason in a Jpop intro song!

Why those glorious things did not happen, I will never know...

A manga version would probably be better as there's a lot of different Pokemon manga

That would be awesome though.
Posted with Mobile style...

could it work?

yeah.

Its got alot of history and fire power to cause it to succeed.

imagine it turning into something like a yugioh anime but 10 times better.

I would support this or at least make a fan made series for it. This way, we can have the story where a new players just moves into a new area, and has no idea of the Pokemon TCG but has always been a fan of Pokemon. He then meets some new people who plays the card game and would like to learn it so they put together a deck for him to get him started.

They get him to join OP and he starts with a 1600 raiting, during a new format and you would watch him grow.

I think it would be very helpful for getting new players into the game. Don't go off like yugioh but use the cards we have out now.

I quit watching Yugioh because the show went off the rails to an insane degree. Over time it became less about watching interesting card strategies played out and more action focused. Eventually they just started fighting real duel monsters with monsters from their deck. It really put me off. I like Vaporeon's idea for the show's focus. I'm not really sure of who would do the voice for the main character, but I was really impressed by the work of the man who played the main character, Ippo Makunouchi in the anime "Fighting Spirit". Kohei Kiyasu. I guess he was also in prince of tennis, but I never watched that show. Any ideas for voice actors or show directions you guys would suggest?

Ohhhh yeahhhh I would watch that. I remember seeing that and my heart aching for it to be a real thing. The sad part is that there are fans capable of taking things like these to a large scale and legitimate project, but the pokemon company and more so Nintendo are touchy on their Intellectual Properties. They have a right to be so, but it does make one wonder sometimes what could be.

I think it could even feature players in real life (in anime form that is). If TPCi were to give some PTOs a video camera to record some games of a certain player, that player could be followed for his tournaments and they would just have to replicate decks and such on the tv. I think it could be interesting

too much trouble.

better stick with fictional chars, something similar to yugioh but better.

I think it be hard to do though due to rotation unless they made the anime where nothing was banned without rotation. Base Charizard anyone?

Considering how successful Yu-gi-oh! has been in the past, an anime version wouldn't be too bad. With all of the Legendary Pokemon appearing as important cards (you know they'd do it) it would attract younger kids, but I don't think as much strategy would sink into it.

What would be even cooler is if there was an OVA or something featuring the Top matches at Worlds or something.

Back