Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do you think that TPCi should release epic collection decks annually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signofzeta

Do you remember the epic collection decks with the ex generation 2 starters? They are sort of like theme decks, except that they contain an ex, and they also aren't limited to pokemon from one set.

What I suggest is for this kind of product to be released in pairs twice a year in a 6 month interval. These babies would cost $19.99, which is the price of tins and those excellent emboar boxes. These are also hobby store exclusive, and are meant for new people casually playing in a hobby store, who doesn't have his own deck, and won't get destroyed if that person used a theme deck. These decks will always be modified legal at the time of release, so they only contain modified legal cards. These decks will be packaged in a similar fashion to the epic collection decks, but I guess they can packaged similarly to the world championship decks, since the epic collection decks uses the same packaging as the 2007 world championship decks with the plastic box thingy.

So would you have these as opposed to the multitude of box sets that TPCi released?

So basely MTG's Duel Decks

no. MTG's event decks. These things aren't released as a 2 deck package. They are released as 2 separate decks with the same UPC code, much like the 2 theme decks per set, such as Shadows and Raiders have the same UPC code.

These decks contain any pokemon that is modified legal at the time of these decks' release. Theme decks are limited to pokemon from one set. These aren't. These decks will also be guaranteed to be modified legal. So far there is only one modified legal annual precon released 4 times a year in sets of 2, and they are called theme decks. I think that the epic collection set from a few years back should be an annual thing as well, released twice a year in sets of 2.

Theme decks are built to sample themes in a particular set, and are targetted at newer players, just like Magic intro packs and Yugioh starter decks.

Epic collection decks are built as a jumping off point for tournament play, much like Magic Event decks and Yugioh structure decks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back