Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Does every deck need a trainer such as plus pwr or strength charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maikeru

Does every deck need a trainer such as plus pwr or strength charm ?

If every deck need it which one is better?

i think this topic will be locked, but answering your question, i think 4 plus power are in almost every unlimited deck, but in MF since it isnt allowed, i do like to play strength charm, but maybe 2 or 3 at the most in a deck, and only when it may be useful, such as with base hitmonchan and fireworks cyndaquil, which allow you to ko a baby first turn, with only 1 flip, other than that, its not really that helpful.

I don't always use PlusPower, in fact I rarely do, but it is a very useful and splashable card in Unlimited, especially due to the cumulative effect.

NOT neccesary. NOT all UNLIMITED decks run PP but it all depends on the strategy...

Strength charm like was said above IS NOT A STAPLE but sure is splashable and may be a SURPRISING card in current modified esp since Darkness Energy lost its ability to provide an additional 10 damage...

So you can fool your opponent into thinking you CANNOT knock out their pokemon.

PS This user does not WANT US to build him/her a deck and hey it a DECK strategy building Q... it's cool.

Last edited:
may as well use maginfyer in "every" deck in case of resantance. (unless you run fire since its the only one with no resantance yet, dont say colorless since there is unown N and sprout Tower... but if you run fire, then weakness guard would be a "must") sigh...

Magnifier won't help against Unown N or Sprout Tower -- only true Resistance. And there are no Resistances to Dark either.

I've never even heard of Strength Charm, and Plus Power is a weak excuse for a power up, I wouldn't even give it a thought to put it in my decks. I have enough powerful cards as it is.

No, PlusPower and Strength Charm definitely do not need to be in all decks. Of the two, PlusPower IS by far better, as it's not a Pokemon Tool, AND is cumulative, that is, you can have more than 1 working for you at a time. PlusPower isn't allowed in Modified, however.

In Unlimited, many decks used to use them, and a number still do. One that comes to mind is RainDance. Hydro Pump maxed out at 60 damage, and those extra few PlusPowers in your deck would take out those Clefables, Scythers, Hitmonchans, etc, that had over 60 HP. Also, they help with cards like Sneasel, that have to get a number of heads. If you would play 2 PlusPowers, that's one heads less Sneasel needs for the same KO. (This isn't the greatest thing to do, so you really only should do it when you HAVE to get the KO, or otherwise, if you could win really easily by doing so.)

In Modified, Strength Charm is here. As I mentioned, the most you can use is one of them, for a max of +10, which isn't that great, but when you slip a few into your deck, you can surprise your opponent. I remember an E-on game I was playing a little while back. My opponent used a Strength Charm on an Expedition Machop. I had an undamaged Electabuzz ex up. What do you know, he flips both heads for his attack. 40 damage times Weakness plus 10 was a KO. @_@ One attack from a little Machop took out a Buzz ex with 90 HP. Without the Strength Charm, he couldn't have KO'd me.
Sometimes 10 damage makes all the difference. :)

Last edited:
I play four Pluspower in my deck, so naturally I would say it's almost a must-have. Check out my topic by the way, which has my full deck if you want to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back