Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DOES IT!!! Super Stantler Takes CO by storm 1st Place MASTERS Report

PokeMontoya

Centennial, Colorado 1/13/2007

Props to Muk Man the Creator of the DECC

Ok Katz and Kittens Pokemontoya here with my final CC report of the season.
It went down in a library of all places but plenty of space and good turn out turned out to be an exciting day. After winning the week before with charizard d, of all things, I expected to see a lot more cessation and Battle Frontiers. Boy was I wrong but oh well. I figured peeps would think I was gonna play the same thing but I went SD on them and Played Super Stantler!!! I was a bit nervous and way psyched so here we go.

Round 1 Paul K with Flygon EX Legend Maker
I don’t think he’s seen my deck before but I’m pretty sure he’s tested Stantler in Mewtric but it was very easy match with confusion and Cessation and Curse Stone and of course best of all Weakness. 1-0

Round 2 Linda with Sally EX d and Togetic and Blastoise CG/water type
This match I was looking forward to. She beat me at Lakewood because my Lati@s sucked.
She keep using togepi’s charm so I can’t do damage but I start pushing away trainers. She gets moving, all the while, building on her bagon on the bench and evo to shelgon and eventually salamance d EX. Here's where I misplayed; while I was pushing away her trainers I was building a seel not realizing it had 40 hp. I had the dewgong in my hand but was expecting her to ko stantler with dual stream. By this time though I had taken a prize with curse stone on Lapras. She uses dual stream and splits it ko’ing my seel and hitting stantler for 40. so I confuse her and keep pushing and curse stone till its gone then all that’s left is poor little togepi and it gets a 100 shot by MARO :p 2-0

Round 3 Jeri with Rai/eggs/kingler/togetic (SP?)
This match I wasn’t sure about metal crusher FTW right? Wrong to many cessations stop my dewgong and a major misplay by me putting down the maro before its ready cost me cause he was able to energy bone me LOL with togetic plus 50,000 scrambles and a DRE I just didn’t think it out  2-1

Round 4 James H with Fruitalicious (Wigglytuff/Cacturn EX/???)
I Knew I had to win to get in. He mullys twice and I get a good start. He only has Jigglypuff but goes first so I’m asleep. I attach to stantler anyways and try to wake up. I wake up a couple of turns later and get WP on so no more sleep and I am getting a cubone ready. As I push away trainers he has a hand full of grass and a cacturn ex. He gets a wiggly up and I confuse it and wake back up then I come back and give it 100 from maro FTW. It’s too bad it was this bad of a game. This guy and me have never played a single match against each other and we have known each other for 3 years. 3-1

SO I make the Top 8 cut as the number 2 seed. Jeri is 1st with a 4-0 record
Top 8 looks like this
1st Raieggs/tech
2nd Super Stantler-ME
3rd some more fruity Deoxys EX’s Ray EX d Dragonite d (non-ex) unknowns
4th Ludcargo/dustox
5th Amardlo Crunch
6th Polistall
7th Mercury-esque/Aggron EX LM
8 Flygon EX LM

SO I get to play the 7th seed
1st game This was gonna be fun b/c I know how the guys from this one league play. They need a little coaching on deck building and they would be a lot harder competition. We get going and I set up and have Cess and curse stone locked. Metal Crusher for 180 kos Aggron’s even with 3 metals. And curse stone takes out Gardy d and Starmie d.

2nd game metal crusher FTW 5-1

next round vs the fruity basic exs/scizor/dragonite.

1st game I get PWNED
2nd Game he gets no energies and with no trainers and Cess curse stone I PWN.
3rd Game goes longer than 2nd game but same result. 7-2 in games 5-1 in matches

Finals Paul K with Flygon EX LM Rematch of Last weeks Finals (different decks this time)
After a grueling semis for Paul with a win in his 3rd game after time was called and the time constraint we had bearing down upon us we get started. We have a good first game; I keep at him with cess, curse stone, and confusion. I get behind and ko a flygon with dewgong, scramble, solid rage. He confuses my gong with sparce I try twice to ko it and do get it on the 2nd try. He then brings up another flygon after I finally retreat the dewgong for another one he gets down to one prize but my gong is still on the bench with the solid rage and I have the other scramble in hand I have 2 prizes left so scramble surge FTW.
2nd game we get going and I get a stantler right away and was setting up dewgong again. I also have latios on the bench he warp points me, so out comes latios. I have the scramble again waiting for the ko but he doesn’t have the energy and I get hit for 40 so out comes stantler again to confuse and curse stone. He looks at the state of the game and with all that was going on plus the library was closing and we would have to hurry to get out. We both had good looking set ups but he decides to concede to me. He tells me it prolly would have gone back and forth but I should have pulled it out due to curse stone and such. Paul you just keep getting better, that deck needs windstorms and it may have been a bit different. 9-2 in Games 6-1 in matches and my 3rd CC of the year. See Y’all at the pre’s and States!!!

Last edited:
I <3 The Real Super Stantler-deck more and more! I really consider making the real, instead of my own! I only go to 1 CC!.. :C :eek:

No shout out for the help???

Anyway GJ with the win with SS... Im glad the you sticked with the other list rather than the posted one... You have my word ill make t to states!!! Even if i have to carpool... =-/

nice adrian. sorry i coudn't show up, i was at the docs with a para flu... all the symptoms of the flu, but not actually the flu( i was at 103 temp) so yeah :(

i want to play this SS deck. my deck may have a few words to say about it. the only 2 decks i haven't beat is SS and polistall, and polistall would pwn me bad... the rest i have beat(excluding SS). lol,

congrats though! congrats!!!

No shout out for the help???

Anyway GJ with the win with SS... Im glad the you sticked with the other list rather than the posted one... You have my word ill make it to states!!! Even if i have to carpool... =-/

Sorry G Big Ups to A Threatz all the testing and match up discusions were wayy helpful. You Betta come to states you can prolly ride wit us homie:thumb:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

nice adrian. sorry i coudn't show up, i was at the docs with a para flu... all the symptoms of the flu, but not actually the flu( i was at 103 temp) so yeah :(

i want to play this SS deck. my deck may have a few words to say about it. the only 2 decks i haven't beat is SS and polistall, and polistall would pwn me bad... the rest i have beat(excluding SS). lol,

congrats though! congrats!!!

well that sux it would be a good match against your deck I really feel like I earned this last one though

Last edited:
gj. what started as a joke for many is quickly becoming a popular and consistent deck,nonetheless as i've always been told it's the singer,not the song.

-spaz

Lots still do or its just funny due to disbelief one of our judges kept giggling like a school boy every time he passed by my matches and saw the big badd reindeer doing its thang

Lots still do or its just funny due to disbelief one of our judges kept giggling like a school boy every time he passed by my matches

I resent that. :p

Gj Adrian, Pablo, Tristan, Judges, and Koelbel for letting us stay late so Stantler could do it's thing.

Back