Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dol-iyama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookshot_Umbreon

I was going to test/tweak/wait some more (till after EX: Crytal Guardian's release), but I said I would post this, in this forum, in this thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38349

[Like the name? I always make crazy punny names for (most of) my decks.]

Pokémon: 21[-2]
1x Claydol (DX)
3x Claydol (HP)
2x Baltoy (DX)
2x Baltoy (HP)
3x Hariyama (DS)
3x Makuhita (DS)
2x Farfetch'd (EM)
2x Yanma (UF)
1x Spinda (LM)
2x Holon's Electrode/Magneton

Trainers: 25
2x Solid Rage
2x Space Center
2x Battle Frontier
1x Cursed Stone
4x Holon Transceiver
1x Scott
2x Prof. Oak's Research
1x Mary's Request
1x Holon Adventurer
2x Holon Farmer
1x Holon Lass
2x Holon Mentor
3x Celio's Network

Energy:
15 [+2]
6x :fighting:
4x :psychic:
4x Scramble
1x Double Rainbow

Strategy: Start with a drawing sacifical lamb (Farfetch'd/Yanma/Spinda) [Why does it have to be 4 of 1 Pokémon, when they're all doing nearly the same thing?] & setup til it gets KO'd (or opponent stops attacking it). Then have a Hariyama or Claydol (HP) with a Scramble attached to do Brick Smash/Hyper Beam once or twice. When ahead or equal in prizes Claydol (HP) can still use Wide Laser for a single Scramble (that's counting as :colorless).
~Claydol (DX) is good as an annoyer (confusion with a :psychic: attached) & a Copycat in a Poké-Power.
~DRE is there for emergencies (ahead/equal/1-each in prizes, and need 2 more energy to do the big attack).
~I had Jirachi (DX) in it before, but I kept forgeting to attach/retreat it & lost a few times because of bench attacks. So now, I'm using something I have to attach to to get extra cards (so it can retreat, if necessary). Because of this, I will glare at you if you suggest using Jirachi (DX).
~I will max out the Celio's Network when I get a fourth. In the mean time I'm using a Cursed Stone in it's place.
~It's 6-4 :fighting:/:psychic: because Hariyama needs 2 :fighting: & Claydol only needs 1 :psychic: for their big attacks. Otherwise it would be equal, or more :psychic:.
~The 1 Adventurer is in there so I can get a draw card (using Transceiver) mid-late game. I might take it out after a few more games.

[Originally built to counter RE/M δ (Raichu & Eggs/Maro), but is being worked on to work well against other decks.]

Edits:
7/14: Took out 1 Oak's, added 1 more Mary's. Added note about Holon Adventurer.

Last edited:
max out mary's request instead of one oak and one adventurer and cursed stone and you can take some draw pokemon out

here is an evil idea
play 4 dre and wally's
first turn, wally baltoy into claydol DX, dre, refill your hand, and do 30 + confusion first turn
then kick your opponent in the stomache to complete the effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back