Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on DonMega!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

So, I've been playing Donmega since they announced that it would become hgss-on, and I really like it. So, after many many tweaks, here is the deck I have now once i replace my reversals with catchers.

Deck list:

Pokemon:
4-4 Donphan
3-3 Yanmega Prime rib
3 Cleffa
2 Tyrogue
1-1 Zoroark

T:S:S:
4 Judge
4 Copycat
3 Pokemon collector
4 plus power
4 Pokemon communication
3 J'Arm
2 switch
4 Pokemon Catcher

Nrg:
7 :fighting:
2 :colorless::colorless:
2 rescue

Strategic strategy of this deck xD:
The deck is based off of mostly synergy and disruption. The three main pokemon in the deck (zoroark, donphan, and yanmega) all cover each others weakness'. Zoroark is weak to fighting, which yanmega can take care of, yanmega's is electric, which donphan can take off, and donphan's is water but you dont see to many water decks going around, and you could say either yanmega or zoroark could handle that if it came down to it. Now, the basic disruption comes in with having judges, and catchers I count as almost disruption for the fact of being able to manipulate their active the way you want. The judges and copycat are obviously for yanmega's insight, but they come in handy when you a. dont have a yanmega out, or b. yanmega is not the attacker at that point in time.

Now, I would say you could use yanmega or donphan early game, and donphan mostly with a little yanmega here and there late game. Using Yanmega or Donphan early game really depends on the set up(I usually start out with donphan early game). Cleffas are in here for the obvious hand refresher, and tyrougues are BABY KILLERS!

So, hope you liked the deck. Comment, give feedback, and all those shenanigans.

Kthxbai,

~N.

First things first way to manny babies...thats 5 possible EZ prizes...here is what i would do

-1 Cleffa
-1 Tyrog
-4 PlusPower
-2 DCE
-2 Rescue

+1-1 Yanmega
+1 Collector
+1 Jirachi
+3 Fighting Energy
+2 Psyhic Energy
+1 FSL

First things first way to manny babies...thats 5 possible EZ prizes...here is what i would do

-1 Cleffa
-1 Tyrog
-4 PlusPower
-2 DCE
-2 Rescue

+1-1 Yanmega
+1 Collector
+1 Jirachi
+3 Fighting Energy
+2 Psyhic Energy
+1 FSL
Well first thing is I definitely agree with you from the start about the babies. ALso, I was thinking about going 1 tyrogue, and 1 cleffa. Now, here is my disagreements.

1. Taking out dce and pluspower would take away the consistency of zoroark. I need both in order for zoroark to be a good counter to both zekrom, and reshiram.
2. I dont feel adding in another yanmega line will do anything. I started out the deck with running 4, and found it to be to much. Also that, and I only have 3 yanmega primes, so in order to get a forth, I would have to trade for $60 worth xD.
3. I have played with 4 collector, and I find 3 just fine. I get them when I need them, and I find 4 to just clutter up my draws.
4. I dont think jirachi would be good in here period...but thanks for the thought ^^
5. I'm okay with the extra fighting since I do feel like I need them, I would take the tyrogue and cleffa and 1 rescue for them.
6. Since I dont feel the need for jirachi, there is no need for :psychic: energy
7. I dont know what fsl is at the top of my brain xD

Here is my list. It is very consistant and hits hard.
3-3 Donphan
2-2 Yahnmega
2-2 Zoroark
1 bouffalant with revenge
1 tyrogue for the easy win if possible.

4 copycat
4 judge
4 collector
2 juniper
2 PONT

3 Junk arm
4 plus power
2 switch
2 P comunication
3 reversal

9 fighting
4 DCE

there is one open spot on this list cuz i have a tech in my deck i would rather not reveal yet. whihci would assume you will fill with the 4th reversal/catcher when we get it. Basically get a yanmega early set up donphans for EP or heavy impact. since earthqauke only does 60 bouffalant is in their to go up and take a prize in case a donphan didnt and without having to use another donphan to do it so it gives you another turn to lay down energy and set up heavy impact. zoroark is in the deck to deal with rdl and reshirams mainly since zoroark and plus power kills reshi. I play 4 dce with only 3 targets due to the fact that i play juniper and it becomes a junk arm target lat game which is good so you dont have to discard anything essential. also once we get super rod we will need the extra energy. take sometime and test my list for something different. it is a very solid deck list in my opinion and i have done very well in playtesting so far

Here is my list. It is very consistant and hits hard.
3-3 Donphan
2-2 Yahnmega
2-2 Zoroark
1 bouffalant with revenge
1 tyrogue for the easy win if possible.

4 copycat
4 judge
4 collector
2 juniper
2 PONT

3 Junk arm
4 plus power
2 switch
2 P comunication
3 reversal

9 fighting
4 DCE

there is one open spot on this list cuz i have a tech in my deck i would rather not reveal yet. whihci would assume you will fill with the 4th reversal/catcher when we get it. Basically get a yanmega early set up donphans for EP or heavy impact. since earthqauke only does 60 bouffalant is in their to go up and take a prize in case a donphan didnt and without having to use another donphan to do it so it gives you another turn to lay down energy and set up heavy impact. zoroark is in the deck to deal with rdl and reshirams mainly since zoroark and plus power kills reshi. I play 4 dce with only 3 targets due to the fact that i play juniper and it becomes a junk arm target lat game which is good so you dont have to discard anything essential. also once we get super rod we will need the extra energy. take sometime and test my list for something different. it is a very solid deck list in my opinion and i have done very well in playtesting so far

Well it does seem like I very consistent deck list, and one I havent seen before to add to that. I will definitely try it out :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back