Bebe's Search x2
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x2
Palmer's Contribution
Broken Time Space x2

Energy: 7
Fighting x6
Lightning x1

Strategy: Beat your opponent into submission with Donphan, while tanking it with the help of Poke Healers, Blissey PL, and Super Scoop Ups. Manectric is in here to help with spread damage from Earthquake.

The deck's been testing very well, only really having trouble against Gyrados, for obvious reasons. I would love some input on the deck. Thanks in advance! :)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Bump!!! I need input guys!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I know this deck isn't perfect.

Last edited:
Needs more warp and less switch (what do you do against their 1 mr.mime tech?)
No reversals?
I'd go for more Bebe's than communication, expect a lot of Spiritomb at states and stuff
Elm's is kind of unnecessary, better stuff could fit in there
BTS needs to be 4. Going T2 BTS into an earthquake is a huge pain for your opponent.

Pokemon: 21
4-4 Donphan Prime (SW-HGSS)
2-2 Manectric (PL-PL)
1-1 Blissey (HGSS-PL)
2-2 Claydol
Relicanth (SV)
Unown G
Uxie (LA)

T/S/ST: 32
Luxury Ball
Night Maintenance
Warp Point x2
Reversal x2
Expert Belt x3
Pokemon Communication x2
Super Scoop Up x4
Roseanne's Research x4
Bebe's Search x4
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x2
Palmer's Contribution
Broken Time Space x4

Energy: 7
Fighting x6
Lightning x1

I'd try a little something like that. Made a few changes.

Alright, I'll try it. Thanks, man. :)

Also, can you think of anything that would help me in the Gyrados matchup, besides I guess Manectric?

Praying mostly.

I mean, you could run a 1-0-1 Exploud or bubble coat(s), but again they have resistance and 150 HP belted, so idk. Luxray is another option, but taking out stuff for a 1-1 Luxray, Energy Gain, & a Lightning Energy would (I believe) hurt Donphan. I guess just hope you set-up faster.

loose your switch and a warp and a PETM for a 1-1 expload and 2 rare candy, your candy are good for donphan, and expload is the only way you can beat gyara.

Gallade - exploud doesn't hit through gyarados' RESISTANCE. While it takes you 2 shots of a belted donphan to KO gyarados, gyarados can still OHKO you w/o weakness, and their recovery is too fast. Donphan just can't keep up.

Yup, it's just a match I'm bound to lose. It's the only bad matchup I can think of, next to Kingdra, but I won't see like any Kingdra.

You do realise that Earthquake deals damage tou your own benched pokemon, not the opponent? Stuff manectric, go for nidoqueen.

You do realise that Earthquake deals damage tou your own benched pokemon, not the opponent? Stuff manectric, go for nidoqueen.

Nidogueen is a stage 2 compared to a stage 1. Why take any damage at all? Throw a bench shield on Manectric and your bench is as safe as can be. With Nidoqueen, you can still get sniped by Garchomp C

You don't need Manetric if you have a nidoqueen removing all the counters between turns, plus, Manetric will still be taking 10 from the earthquake every turn, but with nidoqueen all pokemon are healed.

However, Manetric is good when one of your bench only has like 10 hp left or something...

But in general, Nidoqueen (IMO) is a safer option.

Bench shield PREVENTS Manetric taking that 10 from Earthquake. You are running Expert belt which is also a tool. Throwing Nidoqueen in there makes you throw rare candy which takes up space compared to BTS you only need it for stage 1 pokemon to be out the fastest.

The point is, it depends on how you play. Either one will help you.

I've seen discussion about Nidoqueen or Manectric, and I'm in favor of Manectric. It sets up faster and does not take up as much space. If you HAVE to start with it, Electrike has Free Retreat and Manectric can spread, setting up Donphan KOs. One think that I would add would be a Bench Shield so that way Manectric doesn't die from Earthquake damage, and it can't be sniped by Relicanth.

Manectric is SO much better, it's not even funny. Having to sacrifice valuable space for Rare Candies just isn't practical. It fits with the theme a lot better, being a stage 1, like my main attacker. Nekizalb pretty much sums up why Manectic is better. Also, Manectric taking the 10 damage from Earthquake isn't a big deal AT ALL. Blissey can take care of the damage fine, and I also have 4 Super Scoop Ups to take all the damage off.

IDK, I'll try a Bench Shield or two. It has potential. It's just what to take out for it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back