Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Donphan SW

Sabett

I was looking through the research tower and I found Donphan SW. I don't particularly play cursegar, or the magnezone variant very often, but I was thinking if they had a particular problem with OHKOing a luxray, (which I only assume they do, since they can't quite do that 110), this might be a good tech for them considering it doesn't get in the way of cursegar's normal attack, lets you bring up spiritomb again, and can OHKO a luxray with an expert belt. I don't exactly think this is some sort of groundbreaking discovery, just thought some cursegar/magnezone players out there might like to hear about this card.

EDIT: Also, not that it's particularly a reliable thing, it's second attack can OHKO a garchomp with an energy gain on it.

It actually is a REALLY cool card - the problem is getting it setup without getting KO'd in one turn.
Well, since we are using spiritomb, you would be slowing SP down, and with bts, you could put Donphan down immediately, so it'd have 100HP meaning they'd have to use a dragon rush, a crobat and a poketurn just to KO, although at the same time that's not too hard. Also, since you're going to be using expert belt for the OHKO on luxray, it wouldn't be that hard to keep it alive.

In counterpoint to all of this though, is that toxicroak G uses the same energy of the cursegar decks, is basic, and can use it's own power to be picked back up.

If you're suggesting using Donphan SW as a tech in Cursegar, that's a terrible idea. The two cards have no synergy whatsoever, even as a tech.

However, Donphan SW is one of the best semi-techs in Donphan, Donphan-Machamp, and FlyPhan. It provides a slightly better matchup against Gyarados, OHKOs T-Tar (with a Belt), and just generally beats up on all the decks that abuse Energy Gain and Expert Belt. It's a great card, just not in Cursegar.

If you're suggesting using Donphan SW as a tech in Cursegar, that's a terrible idea. The two cards have no synergy whatsoever, even as a tech.

However, Donphan SW is one of the best semi-techs in Donphan, Donphan-Machamp, and FlyPhan. It provides a slightly better matchup against Gyarados, OHKOs T-Tar (with a Belt), and just generally beats up on all the decks that abuse Energy Gain and Expert Belt. It's a great card, just not in Cursegar.
The idea was to OHKO a Luxray, while not disrupting the spiritomb lock. I think it's a little extreme to say they have no synergy whatsoever.

Back