Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double Drill Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Cards: Strategy, Rulings, & Collecting Questions forum, Flareon Master and Yoshi recommended that I buy two Rising Rivals Drill Point Decks and then combine the best cards from each into a single deck:

So I splurged bigtime and went out and bought two Rising Rivals Drill Point decks (I bought one last month and then when I got my Social Security deposit on the third of this month I went back and bought the second one).

So now I have to try to figure which cards to use in my new combined deck. Yoshi suggested buying a Flygon Lv.X, but when I checked the price at Gathering Ground, they are asking $41.99 :eek: and that's way beyond my means. I'd have to save up for a couple of months for just a single card. And by then there would be a whole new set on the market.

For reference, here's a list of the cards in a single Drill Point Deck:

Rhyperior 四 x1
Flygon x1
Vibrava x2
Trapinch x4
Hippowdon 四 x2
Hippowdon x1
HIppopotas x4
Starmie x2
Staryu x4
Aerodactyl GL x4
Potion x2
Switch x2
Aaron's Collection x1
Bebe's Search x2
Felicity's Drawing x2
Volkner's Philosophy x2
Water Energy x12
Fighting Energy x12​

Here's my first attempt (be gentle with me folks, I'm a slow learner):

POKEMON 21
--------------
Aerodactly 四 4x
Hippowdon 4-2
Flygon 4-4-3*
*My grandson in a moment of weakness gave me his Flygon SW

TRAINERS 18
--------------
Aaron's Collection 2x
Volkner's Philosophy 4x
Bebe's Search 4x
Felicity's Drawing 4x
Potion 4x

ENERGY 21
--------
Fighting​

STRATEGY:

Use the Aerodactyl 四s to stall and draw 2 cards per turn, while playing trainers to search my deck for the Flygon line.

Last edited:
I think you have done the best you can if you are sticking to just the cards in your decks.

if you wanted a relatively cheap way to speed it up then I suggest:

-4 Fighting
+4 Broken Time-Space

I looked up the price for B T-S on the website you mentioned and they are $0.99 each. Another cheap card that would help is a Luxury Ball ($0.49), and another Hippowdon ($0.99) would also help.

I would add in 2 switch and a 2-2 Starmie line[energy excel, infernape 4s weakness, staryue can occasionally draw 3 cards a turn, and can heal to stall] for 6 fighting energies. I would also change the 15 leftover energies into 7 water and 8 fighting.

I would add in 2 switch and a 2-2 Starmie line for 6 fighting energies.

OK, Happiny, I'll give that a try. But I'm having trouble understanding what you wrote next:

[energy excel, infernape 4s weakness,

Could you elaborate on what "energy excel" means, and also "infernape 4s weakness." (Now you know why I call myself "Clueless").

I would also change the 15 leftover energies into 7 water and 8 fighting.

OK, I'll try your variation and see which version works best.

Thanks for the idea!

Could you elaborate on what "energy excel" means, and also "infernape 4s weakness." (Now you know why I call myself "Clueless").

Energy excel means energy acceleration... so he's just saying to figure out how to speed up the energy attachments than just one energy per turn. I would suggest Weavile (Secret Wonders), which is also one of the recent cards of the day. Shadow charge lets you attack with Flygon one turn sooner. It would be a good idea to play 3 Sneasel (Daimond and Pearl) and 2 Weavile (Secret Wonders). You could also try and add 2 Sentret (Secret Wonders) and 2 Furret (Secret Wonders).

Infernape 4... 4 meaning from the elite 4... is just the name of the pokemon. Infernape 4/Luxray GL is probably going to be a popular deck.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back