Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double Rainbow Energy Errata

shiftrymaster68

I've always been told that when I'm using the Team Aqua and Magma Double Rainbow in my deck that I needed an outside Emerald copy to show its errata'ed text. It just hit me that if every other errata'ed card doesn't need an outside translation, why DRE? Is it because it's been reprinted with the correct text? Or does it even need the outside copy? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Same question for Steven's Advice from HL and PK.

Last edited:
From the POP portion of the go-pokemon.com website:

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/tournaments/rulesandresources.html
Click on the "2007-2008 Modified-legal reprints" document link.

The basic concern is that players might purposefully choose to play with a card that has been fixed with a later printing of that card. As an example, one year at US Nationals, a player was playing with an assortment of old cards, seeking to gain advantage from players who took those older cards at face value. (Mysterious Fossil, with 10 HP?)

Anyhow, in DRE's specific example, the TMvTA version states that the -10 damage is applied after Weakness and Resistance, which is not correct - it is applied BEFORE, as the effect is on the (attacking) Pokemon that has DRE attached. DRE was fixed in Emerald with the correct text.

Steven's Advice had initially received errata, and was fixed in EX Power Keepers.

Back