Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DP-LA:The Big List?

Dr. Mason

So I thought of something. Wouldn't it be neat to have a big list of all the possible viable decks for DP-LA format/Battle Roads? This isn't a place to bash decks...if I leave any out, let me know and I'll add it to the list. Here goes!

Kingdra.dec
AMU/UMA/Pixies.dec
VileLossom
TurnCruel
Luxray.dec
Yanmega.Bronzong/etc spread deck
MagLeaf
Magmortar
ScepLeaf
Glaceon Lock
Nidoqueen/King
DuskQueen
PLOX/GG
Empoleon
Empostar
Empozong
Skittles
Polilutions(lol, dunno what to call it)
Blissey variants
Froslass spread
Magnezone variants
Houndoom
Eeveelutions
Exploud
Beedrill
ScepTerra
Darkrai variants
Honchkrow/Dark Wing Duck
Garchomp
Gyarados/Unown P

I bet I'm forgetting plenty. Tell me if I am :D

Also, maybe use this thread to talk about how these decks will interact with each other. And Childrens? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Last edited:
Froslass spread
Magnezone variants
Houndoom
Eeveelutions
Exploud
RockBand
Torterra/Sceptile
Darkrai variants
DWD
Garchomp
Gyarados/Unown P

I've taken to calling the Poliwrath/Toed deck Polideck. I also like ViBe for Bellossom/Vileplume.

IMHO, I think the meta will devolve into Grass < Fire < Water, and everything else will be rogue. In terms of popularity, not playability or power level. AMU won't win too many because very few will have the cards for it, and even fewer will actually have a good list.

Going into Battle Roads, I'd say MagLeaf is the best choice. There's chances to blow out the mirror, and each attacker tackles good Grass and Water decks fairly well.

I'm not a fan of Magleaf.

I've got mixed feelings about after this though.. After all, grass decks get Shaymin but a good 3 eenergy and lake boundary in ApeTran just laughs back. I don't see Water as much of a contender as of yet, due to the last of excellent water cards.

Gliscor
Groudonk
Regigigas/Kiss
Heatran
Electivire

I dunno, they seem to be contenders now as well. I've seen a lot of interest in Gigas+Kiss lately in my area as well.

I don't think Leafeon/Magmortar will be good because that deck relies on Holon's Castform, and Scramble and those two cards are gone now.

I didn't see any Infernape variants up there. I also think at least for Battle Roads some people are going to try Tangrowth/Sceptile since it basically shuts down both Froslass and Kingdra (with Resistance plus its heal-30 attack) and has the ability to snipe big with that Wild Growth boost.

I'm personally intrigued by Exeggutor. I have a feeling other people are going to try to break Psychic Strategy's wicked potential and get around its enemies (Claydol and Cynthia's Feelings) throughout the season (0 card hand... takes me back to the days of Team Rocket's Trap + Impostor Oak's Revenge + Rocket's Sneak Attack) and I already have a number of ideas myself.

Magleaf still has a way of getting mutli energies on the field,Rotom,dont need Castform and when Leafeon gets more than 5 or more energies on the field,the comeback factor that scramble gave is still there.

MagLeaf is good because of the rise in Leafeon that will be played to contend with Froslass and Kingdra.

06-07 format had more than 4 viable decks

Speed Ban
MSNBC
Metanite
Infernape
Empoleon
Absolutions
Flygod
Royailty
R-Gon
Raieggs
Flariados
Destiny

those were vaiable and had good showings in major tournaments.The Format before had

Eeveelutions
LBS
Queendom
Ludicargo
Rock Lock
Mewtrick

thats just some,alot of decks can be viable and have had a few formats with more than 3-4 viable decks.

All decks can be viable the whole season,but some formats decks are viable for majority of the season,that would be a good thing.

[SARCASM]Sorry Serbia, I realize now that my feeble mind cannot possibly contend with your views. [/SARCASM]

I don't think Leafeon/Magmortar will be good because that deck relies on Holon's Castform, and Scramble and those two cards are gone now.

I actually think Magleaf will be the play for next season. I mean it has very few bad matchups and has a lot of good matchups against a lot of good decks next season. Also Scramble is a loss but Holon's cast isn't a big loss.

Back