Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dr Flygon my CC deck (Probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectreon

Well, I recently claimed to be the Flygon Vet. Not Veteran, Vetrenarian. (Sp?). Well, I tweaked my old Flygon deck a week or 2 ago. Hariyama wasnt the best fit, so I decided to try something else, here goes. Bolded cards are new additions.

4 Trapinch (Rocksamsh)
4 Vibrava (Quick Charge) (Added 1)
4 Flygon (3Holo, 1 Rare)
2 Magnemite (Random Spark)
2 Magneton (Magnetic Feild)
3 Dunsparce (Sudden Flash) (Added 1)
2 Skitty (Double Edge)
2 Delcatty

3 Ption/Moo-moo
3 Lady Outing (Added 1)
3 Oracle (added a 3rd as well)
3 Desert Shaman
2 Weakness Gaurd
2 Rare Candy
2 Town Volunteers
3 Switch

5 L
5 G
2 W
2 F
2 R
2 P

the deck runs on my Delcatty/Magneton theory. Flygon can lay down mega NRG, attack for up to 90, and Ton can do serious daamge with benched NRG.... It works well so far, just needed some input

Last edited:
Out of a personal opinion, take out a TV Reporter and put in a Low Pressure system so that Magnemite and Magneton can benefit (not to mention live longer...)

If it went from an even to an odd multiple of ten for Ton, I would consider it... Need the draw though, especially early game, pre-Catty

My other idea is to drop 2 Rare Candy. then add a 4th Vibrava, and either a 3rd Oracle or the affore mentioned LPS.

hhmmm...IMO, stick with the 2 Rare candies you got so you can get Flygon and Magneton out and moving

yes, but Vibrava is too important at times, and Candy tends to be discard fodder for Tons Power or Reporters..... SO they are ditched....

-2 Candy
+1 Sparce
+1 Vibrava

Also, after a convo with Mob last night, decided that Shaman would suit my deck better. I rarely use Oak/Cat early game, they tend to be in the deck to lower hand size.... So Shaman does that better anyways... then their is the flip side of it... it screws up my opponnents gaming..... so

-2 Oaks
-1 Cat
+3 Shaman

I am also thinking about the Reporters... but I dont think the bonus 10 HP for 1 Pokemon is enough of a reason to run LPS. I was thinking something non supporter if I replace it. Maybe a couple of Master Balls, or Potions, or weakness gaurds for Flygon...... thoughts?

Last edited:
Spectreon said:
yes, but Vibrava is too important at times, and Candy tends to be discard fodder for Tons Power or Reporters..... SO they are ditched....

-2 Candy
+1 Sparce
+1 Vibrava

Also, after a convo with Mob last night, decided that Shaman would suit my deck better. I rarely use Oak/Cat early game, they tend to be in the deck to lower hand size.... So Shaman does that better anyways... then their is the flip side of it... it screws up my opponnents gaming..... so

-2 Oaks
-1 Cat
+3 Shaman

I am also thinking about the Reporters... but I dont think the bonus 10 HP for 1 Pokemon is enough of a reason to run LPS. I was thinking something non supporter if I replace it. Maybe a couple of Master Balls, or Potions, or weakness gaurds for Flygon...... thoughts?

Weakness Guard for Flygon is the way to go. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many people tech crystal shard. Reporters for weakness guards. :D

SuperWooper said:
Weakness Guard for Flygon is the way to go. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many people tech crystal shard. Reporters for weakness guards. :D

After you've taken out Reporters and now have three Weakness Guard, ditch one Guard and add a Lady Outing.

Spectreon said:
So -3 Reporters
+ 2 Weakness
+1 Oracle or Shaman (both seem so danged important....)

Oracle or Shaman or okay too, but I'd choose lady outing cuz of all the different nrg. But add one of the card you think you'll use earlier in the game so you can get it out faster. That's a speed upgrade. I'd say add an oracle, cuz as you mentioned, Shaman is for putting cards back into your deck.

Pokemon: 24
4 Trapinch (Rocksamsh)
4 Vibrava (Quick Charge)
4 Flygon (3Holo, 1 Rare)
3 Magnemite (Random Spark)
3 Magneton (Rare)
3 Skitty (Double Edge)
3 Delcatty (Holo)

Trainers: 18
3 Potion/Oran/Moo-Moo
3 Lady Outing
3 Desert Shaman
3 TV Reporter
3 Switch
3 Oracle

Energy: 18
5 Lightning Energy
5 Grass Energy
2 Water Energy
2 Fire Energy
2 Fighting Energy
2 Psychic Energy

Not much of a change (Mostly b/c u did a good job in the first place ;)) but I think this'll run better. Hope I helped!
-Swampert

a change of dirrection

4 Trapinch (Rocksamsh)
4 Vibrava (Quick Charge)
4 Flygon (Holo)
2 Magnemite (sky ridge)
2 Dunsparce (ss)
2 clefairy (ex)
2 Clefable(ex)

3 Briney
3 Lady Outing
4 Pro. oak research
3 energy recycle system
1 Town Volunteers
3 Switch
2 master ball
3 energy restore

5 :lightning
5 :grass:
2 water
2 :fighting:
2 :fire:
2 :psychic:

I tried a deck just like this clefable is a nice touch gets the energy out real fast. :D

Not much of a change (Mostly b/c u did a good job in the first place
wink.gif
) but I think this'll run better. Hope I helped!
-Swampert
Thats because I am the Flygon vet, lol....

Well, I rarely use Briney with this deck, seems little healing like Potion or Moo-moo is better here... seriously considering these, especially after last few games. Sparce is too good to take out, and gets super fast early game set up. the third outing will go in... Latios is a nice BBP backup, but rarely gets used.. a third outing for it would prolly help..... I like some of the ideas Swamp, but Sparce is too good.....

Well, I decided not to look to the past, instead plow on towards a new future....

In other words, -2 Town BVoluteers, +1 more Shaman (maxing it) and +1 more Oracle (maxed as well)

4 Trapinch (Rocksamsh)
4 Vibrava (Quick Charge) (Added 1)
4 Flygon (3Holo, 1 Rare)
2 Magnemite (Random Spark)
3 Dunsparce (Sudden Flash) (Added 1)
2 Skitty (Double Edge)
2 Delcatty

3 Ption/Moo-moo
3 Lady Outing (Added 1)
4 Oracle (maxed out)
4 Desert Shaman (maxed out)
2 Weakness Gaurd
3 Switch

5 L
5 G
2 W
2 F
2 R
2 P

trying to speed things up a bit more.....

Hey Scary Ghost Pokemon
This is my youngest boys favorite deck. That is why I like to read an input on it. I like the delcatty thing but it hurts the deck against muk ex in that now you are relying somewhat on delcattys power for draw. Still, delcatty with Magneton is too good not to use. I get the dunsparce but I am still using lanettes. Do you like sparce that much more? If yes, why? The energy you drop on it does not really hurt the deck strategy if you plan to nrg shower, switch, and use ton to attack. I also noticed weakness gaurd. Does this really help against rayquaza? Is it enough to win? I have 2 rare candy instead. I noticed you tried rare candy but then you dropped it. What was the issue here? Space? Let me know. While I like shaman I prefer reasearch in this deck. I agree on the 3 lady outings. Two did not work consistant enough for me. One last question, in your testing how has the deck done vs. the big decks? Is it doing better with delcatty/ton? At the shack we have seen a few flygon decks and they usually top 8 but none have won.

Weakness Gaurd- Was mostly added for Quazza, but i am still considering droping. Quazza only needs 1 extra NRG on it to KO me anyways (2 w/o, 3 w). Though it screws my opponents Crystal Shards, if I think/know they are playing them. If I need to buy an extra turn, suspecting opponent has a C Shard, I plop it down, causing opponent to hold onto it (or if it is L/F type, it gets around Resist without applying Weak)

Shaman is 1 less card over Oak, but is also a good mess up your opponent card. Also note, end game you can play it and draw 0... allowing you to keep a healthy deck...

Rare Candy wasnt dropped for space. It isnt really needed. 4 Vibrava helps get turn 2 and/or 3 Quick Charge. I found I was discarding RC for Magnetons Power, and for TV Reporters when I had them, for the most part anyways.

Sparce vs Lannete: Hmm, personal pref really. The idea is to start with Sparce, using Shaman/Outing first turn to help early game set up. Lannete waste early game supporter, where as 1st turn Sparce is hard to stop (not impossible). Also ups Basic Pokemon count = fewer Mulligans.

As far as adding Catty, deck runs better, and more consistant. Also allowed me to swicth Elms Training to Oracle, pretty much an ETM + 1 more, then 1 random (NRG Draw). Gives the deck a nice speed boost, and a decent colorless attacker (NRG Shower x# of NRG, 10x damage for each), though I sometimes miss Hariyama, rarely!!!

Against other decks. Well if you couldnt tell, the last deck edit was to help against BAR (though still not enough really). the list before was doing well vs everything but BAR. If you dont stop its first turn or 2, you are basically dead. Though I did have 1 close match, having an awsome start vs a mediocre one (took him 1 extra turn to set up) 6-4 on prizes.... Against Gardi... it just needs a good start, its all about early NRG Shower. 3rd turn 9+ NRG drop will take down most decks. All Water goes down easy to Magneton (pretty much goes without saying).... Other weakness I see are (havent played these decks yet so just assumption) Muk EX, shuts down draw power/nrg retreival, and Amphy EX. Last seen ruling, NRG Shower is useless (unless you like KOing your own Pokes =P)

Thanks for the update. I am with you on the catty and I haven't done well against blaze either. If you can get a early shower you should do OK against muk. I hadn't heard about the ruling. That is a major blow to this deck. Even without the ruling, amphy gave me problems.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is in Card rules and strats, somewhere... I asked, one of the Compendium members ruled for now, play like Vensaur's Harvest Bounty.... kinda sucks, but whatcha gonna do... be carefull....

Biggest threat is and will continue to be Blaze Eggs/Ray/or Tails. Amphys Power, and turn 2 Muk.... (turn 3+ should be easy to handle as long as you get a Shower down....) Blaze makes me want a Crystal Shard that changes to another type (like water...)

I havent quite played Flygon alot, but i think i can help a bit:

Pokemon: 25

4 Trapinch
4 Vibrava (rare)
4 Flygon
3 Magnemite
2 Magneton
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
4 Dunsparce

Trainers: 19

4 TV Reporter
4 Oaks Research
4 Oracle
3 Lady Outing
3 Oran Berry
1 Town Voluntees

Energy: 16

4 Lightning
4 Grass
2 Fire
2 Water
2 Psychic
2 Fighting

I think the trainer engine is more balaned, u can always go shaman instead of Research, also 4 sparce increase alot the odds of u starting with one, and after u have SAR'ed, u can just stall with it until it is koed or whilst u prepare to energy shower. the other dunsparce u can discard with tv reporter since u wont be needing them, and prolly anything else will be very valuable to discard. getting many energies with Outing and Delcatty/Magneton will be easy, and finally 4 oracle will get u what u need whenever u need it, also I don't think Weakness Guards are necessary, cause dealing 120 damage now a days is like a joke, but if u really want to use it, try dropping a sparce maybe and a flygon, since oracle gets u ur flygons, and what are the chances ull use all 4 of them? and town volunteers handles that problem.

hope i helped,
-MuD

Switch is to Good in this deck... It is extremely usefull when I attack with Ton and need to keep NRG in place....

why 3 Magnemite???

Shaman Vs Oaks Research... This is a tough call.... for some anyways, not for me. Think about it. You essentially loose 4 cards (1 per Shaman) but gain the ability to screw up your opponent 4 times. Well worth the trade off. Plus as a bonus factor, Shaman end game can be played to where you draw 0, where as Oak forces 5 into hand. All this, and you are only losing 1 lousy card per turn... sure it might be usefull, but with E draw and Reporter, 1 card doesnt really hurt.

Weakness gaurd keeps Pokemon like Zangoose and other Colorless from dealing 120+ damage when they need too, but I am seriously dropping them.... Adding Sparce 4, and 1 more ??? Could drop 2 NRG (1 G, 1 L) and do 3 reporters.......

ya i playtested tyhe version i posted and i dont think u really need switch, u can easily pay the retreat and then get the nrgies back with magenton. Tv reporters are really good in any deck u play sparce in, since aftersparced is used,u just discard any other sparces u have instead of other valuable cards. I understand the Shaman thing, but generally, when not fighting a deck with Catty, ur opponent will have 4-5 cards in his hand, or even less, so a shaman may be more helpful to them at times to ur opponet, so why not go 2/2 oaks and shaman? i really liked thsi version, i think ill try it more, hope i helped.

-MuD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back