Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dragon Quest 9 Event 7/31 1 to 4 PM at GameStop

Wow. I had no idea that this was going on. It's too bad that i am not in New York - i was to east some slime ice cream :-(

Thanks for this!

I haven't got the game yet (waiting till pay day)...but, what's the map do? Besides apparently being special somehow?

Ooh...special area...guess I will definitely buy my game and head to one of these lol.

Oh yeah, another quick question...the ad says you have to be so far into the game to get the item...about how far? Like, are we talking within a few minutes or several hours of gameplay?

It depends on how much you grind, but it's about 2 hours in, IIRC. Not horrific, but not like Pokemon where 10 minutes is plenty of time. :)

It depends on how much you grind, but it's about 2 hours in, IIRC. Not horrific, but not like Pokemon where 10 minutes is plenty of time. :)

Aww, so I just can't hop to the local Pokecenter (or equivalent thereof) and collect my distributed Pokemon, er map?

Nope, you've got to go through the whole beginning part. (Equivalent is probably Chapel or Inn, LOL)

EDIT: So I timed it, it took me a little over an hour to get to Quester's Rest. That's not a speed run, but it's with very little backtracking or grinding.

Last edited:
That's it? Just a mere Metal Slime? /shrug

Besides, you know anyone you'd probably face has a team of hacked monsters anyways. So that painstakingly bred Metal Slime loses to that 999 HP Gold Slime (or whatever the hell they called it in this expansion), etc etc.

That's it? Just a mere Metal Slime? /shrug

Besides, you know anyone you'd probably face has a team of hacked monsters anyways. So that painstakingly bred Metal Slime loses to that 999 HP Gold Slime (or whatever the hell they called it in this expansion), etc etc.

That's why my tournament teams carry Hatchet Man. ;-P

-James

Back