Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

'Dragon Vault' box announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

immewnity

Front Page News Editor
Staff member
Thanks to Card Team for the information!

All that is known is the name and a release date of mid-October.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Dragon Selection cards in a Pikachu World Collection-type box.

To all of you saying "hopefully this will have Rayquaza" take a look at the date. This is said to be released October 15, the day after Fall Regionals are over. Smart move by Pokemon once again by releasing the way to decrease expensive cards one day too late. It's the same with these new EX tins that are being released literally the last day of Battle Roads. If you wanted to be excited for this then go ahead, but as how I see it it's just another failure for Pokemon to release product before a useful date.

To all of you saying "hopefully this will have Rayquaza" take a look at the date. This is said to be released October 15, the day after Fall Regionals are over. Smart move by Pokemon once again by releasing the way to decrease expensive cards one day too late. It's the same with these new EX tins that are being released literally the last day of Battle Roads. If you wanted to be excited for this then go ahead, but as how I see it it's just another failure for Pokemon to release product before a useful date.

October 15 is probably just an approximate date, though; very rarely do these type of boxes get released on their release date.

October 15 is probably just an approximate date, though; very rarely do these type of boxes get released on their release date.

If this does happen to be released before Fall Regionals AND it has Rayquaza in it then good move by Pokemon. As it stands now I agree with their motives but I'm upset with their timing.

At my regionals they had the forces of nature box b4 it came out. It's possible we could get this box b4 regionals.

If this does happen to be released before Fall Regionals AND it has Rayquaza in it then good move by Pokemon. As it stands now I agree with their motives but I'm upset with their timing.

I don't see what's wrong with their timing. Sure, we all want cheap cards, but Shiny Rayquaza is probably driving up pack sales like crazy (as evidenced by the attendance spike at prereleases). Revenue from healthy pack sales keeps organized play funded. That's important too.

If Shiny Rayquaza increases overall pack sales by 2-3% (which I'm confident it has), I wouldn't mind the $110 I spent to get 2 Rayquazas to play with for Fall Battle Roads and Regionals. I know everyone, including myself, is a bit selfish and want cards to be as cheap as possible. However, there's also a flip side to think about.

I don't know. I have the Rayquaza from Dragon Selection, and it doesn't have the same attacks as the Shiny Ray.

Are you sure, PokePop? I just looked up the scan of the Rayquaza from Dragon Selection and while I couldn't read the japanese text, the energy requirements and base damage numbers for its attacks match.

The DS Ray and the DRX Ray are the same- just double checked via Pokebeach.

Also, I think Shiny Rayquaza will still keep pack sales up and be a highly sought after card regardless of whether theres a normal version or not, at least with the PTCGs target audience and collectors alike.

If Pokemon says the release date is October 15th, the release date is October 15th.

I know what readers are thinking...

If a store puts Dragon Vault on sale before the release date of October 15th or more specifcally before Autumn regionals, the cards released are not legal because they have not been offically released yet.

Players, Please don't test play assuming Dragon Vault will be legal.

If Pokemon says the release date is October 15th, the release date is October 15th.

I know what readers are thinking...

If a store puts Dragon Vault on sale before the release date of October 15th or more specifcally before Autumn regionals, the cards released are not legal because they have not been offically released yet.

Players, Please don't test play assuming Dragon Vault will be legal.

Note-The distributors said its released October 15th, not Pokemon.

If Rayquaza is in the box and somebody gets it pre-release, it IS legal according to the floor rules.

If Rayquaza is in the box and somebody gets it pre-release, it IS legal according to the floor rules.

Depends. If it's a black star promo, yes. If it's a separate set, no, unless the checklist says otherwise.

I never said it wasn't legal. I said the set wasn't legal, my post was more directed towards the set as a whole and to those who wanted to use First ticket (assuming it is in Dragon Vault) or any other non-reprinted card in Dragon Vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back