Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

'Dragon Vault' Triple-Pack Blister Set - Unveiled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeCollection

Just a heads up that we have more information pertaining to the 'Dragon Vault'. Originally planned to be something entirely different, unforeseen circumstances resulted in these plans being changed. However, the result isn't half-bad!

A triple-pack blister, 20-card holographic mini-set, finally incorporates Dragon Selection. Set for release in the first week of October, with each booster containing 5 cards each. 1 of 5 unique promo cards will also be available, along with a TCGO code card. Booster pack artwork features Dragonite, Salamence, Haxorus, and Rayquaza according to what we've been told.

More information can be found at the following links, if interested:
YouTube
Facebook

:)

Thanks for the info Asad. Are you allowed to release when and if a Shiny Rayquaza will be released. Because I know that Japan had a nobunaga Shiny Rayquaza promo.

Hmm. Thanks for the release. Im surprised that theyre not gonna include this in the winter set, and this is the first mass produced mini set, from what i believe. They can come seperately like yugioh's Duelist pack sets.

Nice thing we can get Rayquaza easier.
Bad thing we'll probably have Fast Ticket earlier (before European Regionals). :(

Yes, TPCI keeps the love coming. I really hope they keep moving closer to the japanese release style.

I can only hope one day we will get their holo pattern with holo borders, silver borders, or their rarity system. I'm aware that none of that will likely come to pass but one step at a time TPCI is moving in the right direction.

The description doesn't make sense. Are you guaranteed to get all 20 cards in each pack, or is it 5 random cards per pack? The total cards ( 5 cards x 3 packs + 1 promo) doesn't equal 20.

It's basically like how Dragon Selection did it. In Japan there's 20 cards in the set, but like a regular expansion, the packs hold five random cards from that subset. Same thing with Dragon Vault, only replace "20" with however many cards in the English version. It's not like a Southern Islands or a Pokemon Rumble where you're getting the entire subset at once.

Loving this, also. Can't wait to see what the five promos are since the word "unique" was used, i.e. not random cards from the set given an alternate holo treatment or something.

Well this is different...will be interesting to have our own mini set.

That being said, besides cheaper Rayquaza and Fast Ticket (dunno how popular this will be), none of the other cards are that super interesting. All of the dragons here are inferior to the released ones, though Salamence wins brownie points for having a nifty Ability. If they somehow sneak that Flygon promo in, again some brownie points.

I wonder how this will be distributed en mass. Really, I'd like to know if there's a "sealed box" option for these. Cuz I might pick up a couple of them. Just cuz those guys are obscenely powerful for non-EX Pokemon.

Anyone found an online retailer pre ordering yet? This is fantastic though, and maybe TPCi will start printing identical Japanese sets for us and MAYBE even shorten the lag time between them!? jk... One can only dream....

Anyone found an online retailer pre ordering yet? This is fantastic though, and maybe TPCi will start printing identical Japanese sets for us and MAYBE even shorten the lag time between them!? jk... One can only dream....

Better just be kidding! I for one do not want 181 Promotional cards

Dragons Exalted followed the Japanese set exactly, only adding in the cards from the Japanese version's theme decks. I found it boring, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back