Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dragonball all-in-one

Dek

Well, it seems like Cartoon Network really loves Dragonball so much to the point where they dedicate a week (besides Cartoon Fridays) to the entire DB franchise. Its going to be called Dragonball Chronicles. Heres How it goes (i wont list times since its different in every place)

Dragonball at the beginning of Toonami- 30 minutes
Dragonball Z (they're at Buu saga AGAIN)- 60 minutes
Dragonball GT (where are they in the story?)- 30 minutes

yeah i think they're making a mistake: they aren't letting DBZ die gracefully, they are tarnishing the memories of the show before they give it the final boot. This would mean a lot more if they just aired GT for a while and then wound up GT with a tribute week to all the old classics you remember, not the same old junk you saw a few weeks ago.

Know what i mean? All the incessant reruns detract from the show don't they? Like an overplayed commercial: you don't really care for it that much.

I think they should definately tone down all the DBZ stuff for a bit. I remember seeing saiyan saga after a long period of the Buu stuff. I tuned in every day to see those faint, old images from the past.

Anyone with me on this?

Definately with you on that one. But at the same time, I think that the Dragonball series is also kind of like their main engine to keep Toonami going. To them, it's probably their inspiration to keep anime in America live a lot longer. If it's what teh fans want, I guess they dont let them down.

We will actually probably start seeing the older episodes more frequently since Geneon's subcontract with Funimation has ended, so Funimation is redubbing the older episodes and releasing the "lost" episodes.

They should make Sandland on cartoon network. It's a good comic and it's made by Akira Toriyama too! Too bad i dont know if they even have it on cartoon...

speaking of comics, i think the comic is waaaay better than the show: Less filler of eyes bulging, muscles flexing, and jaws twitching. Just cut to the chase...or fight, rather...

I think they shouldn't redub the old Sayain eps. I loved the voices back then, especially the nervous, second banana voice of Krillin. The original, youthful voice of Goku was also good because when they changed over to the new Goku (S. Schemmel) it made Goku sound older, and he was, so that worked out well. Plus Gohan sounded more kiddy---which he was---and Grandpa Ox's voice was great! Squatch from "So Weird"---the best Disney Channel show (until they went with that ghost of a girl later)---was the best possible Ox voice; he sounded strong, tough, but still old. Like you could tell he was a tough guy back in his day.

Anyways, these guys set the standard for the new voices. It would be a shame if we ever got to the point where we forgot those original voices.

...Updating the animation, well now, that's another story!

Back