Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Dragons and Genie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhawk

Hey all! Let me first say that I am not convinced that this deck can compete on a high level. However, I want to know what you all think.

Pokemon 12
4 Reshiram
4 Zekrom
4 Tornadus

Trainers 34
4 Collector
4 Junk Arm
3 Catcher
4 Plus Power
3 Defender
2 Potion
3 PokeGear 3.0
3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Cheren
2 Switch

Energy 14
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
3 Fire Energy
3 Lightning Energy

So the point of this deck is to have all Pokemon that are resistant to Catcher. Not a single one of these Pokemon can be easily KOd by Donphan. Zekrom and Reshiram cannot be OHKOd by most things without PlusPower.

The idea is that you can get a turn two Tornadus hitting for 80. Then use Hurricane as a mini energy accelerator to power up either Reshiram or Zekrom's 120 damage attacks. You can also manage the damage counts for Zekrom and Reshiram through Potion and Defender to allow for Outrage KOs.

What do you guys think?

Tornadus w/ zekrom would probably be better off and more consistent, but maybe that's just because I really don't like reshiram...

yeah, I just don't like how ZPS w/Tornadus is still vulnerable to Donhpan. The Shaymin and Pachirisu and Zekroms just fall to easily to Donphan. So, I tried to build a deck that has zero weak basics.

yeah, I just don't like how ZPS w/Tornadus is still vulnerable to Donhpan. The Shaymin and Pachirisu and Zekroms just fall to easily to Donphan. So, I tried to build a deck that has zero weak basics.

Umm.... The whole reason people add Tornadus is as a Donphan counter, which it is amazing at...

^Are you kidding? Have you ever even played ZPS against Donphan? Even with Tornadus or Yanmega it's still a horrible matchup if you go 2nd or whiff the T1. Running 4 Tornadus and 3 Zekrom is the only real way to sway it.

Its only horrible if you just cant get Tornadus out fast enough and you get down by 2-3 prizes. Donphan and Zekrom/Dragons is the big problem.

The definition of a Donphan deck is Donphan/Dragons. Anything else is Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark, or stuff with a Donphan tech. The only deck focused entirely on Donphan is Donphan Dragons. My post was referring to Zekrom vs Donphan Dragons. Zekrom can deal with a 2-2 line of it if they're a little lucky.

Yeah, D&D is really hard to win against with ZPS, but if they cant find their Switch you can do pretty well against it as Donphan has a 4 retreat cost. If you run at least two tornadus you can easily destroy 2 Donphan and make another at less than half health (unless they have Zekrom on the bench and they bring it up). Also, dont forget that Zekrom can start destroying phanpys/other zekrom if it goes first.

Back to the deck, the only point of Reshiram is to nerf Kingdra Prime.

-3 Reshiram
+3 of whatever you want

The D&D match-up is completely based off of Plus Power and Catcher. Zekrom can KO Zekrom before it gets to attack, leaving Tornadus to clean up. Or you can whiff. Just play 4 Junk Arm/Catcher and 3 Plus Power.

@alexmf2- why do you even need to nerf Kingdra in this deck?

@Shino- You're looking at attaching a lot of energy in a short amount of time. I wouldn't ever bank on charging more than 2-3 Zekrom/Tornadus through a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back