Dragons Secret...

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SwampertEX, Nov 15, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Did anyone from the United States see a Holo, yes Holo, not reverse Holo, Holo, Charmander, Charmeleon, or Charizard at the prerelease??? Our UK counter parts say they did, but I wanna know if they're gonna be released in the US. I'm getting conflicting info, so plz help!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

4. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

And, they're numbered 98/97, 99/97, and 100/97. Reminds me of the old Shining Pokemon and Dark Raichu.

5. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

ya, those were the good 'ol days...

6. Dek

Dek New Member

I actually got the chance to see all three at the prerelease I was at. They are very good cards.

7. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Are there RH versions of them?

8. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I don't think so. There were over 400 boosters opened at our Prerelease, and I only saw the Holo versions.

BDS

9. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

IMHO, I don't really think that highly of the Charmander(not that I'm sayin' you're wrong, I'm just givin' my opinion :cool: ), although the Charmeleon and Charizard are probably the versions I've seen of them.

Well, to keep my post on topic ;) , I did see the Charmander, I also saw the Charmeleon and Charizard at the Portland Dragon prerelease.

10. Imperial

Imperial New Member

the charizard is really good. and yeah, they only come in Holo. in the prerelease i went to, i think only 1 charizard, 1 charmeleon, and 2 charmander were opened. not sure though. I hope to see more secret rares in the future!

11. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Well if you think of it, charizard can do a total 90 damage with a cost of RCCC and discarding an R energy, which is pretty energy efficient for this amount of damage. With no Dgust and stuff, dealing 30 damage to a benched pokemon is very good. It has 120 hp, the highest hp you can get for a non-ex stage 2. It's first attack is pretty efficient too. For RC, you usually can only do 20-30 damage but it has an additional effect that lets you attach 2R to charizard in a 50/50 chance. For a big stage2 like that, it only has 2 retreat cost. Looking at charmeleon, with RC and a 50% chance of discarding a fire energy for 40 damage is not bad in early games. Charmander's rage can combo with memory berry on charizard. The charmander line can definitely make a good rogue deck.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003