Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dragons Secret...

SwampertEX

Did anyone from the United States see a Holo, yes Holo, not reverse Holo, Holo, Charmander, Charmeleon, or Charizard at the prerelease??? Our UK counter parts say they did, but I wanna know if they're gonna be released in the US. I'm getting conflicting info, so plz help!

Last edited:
And, they're numbered 98/97, 99/97, and 100/97. Reminds me of the old Shining Pokemon and Dark Raichu.

I actually got the chance to see all three at the prerelease I was at. They are very good cards.

Arthas_Zero said:
I actually got the chance to see all three at the prerelease I was at. They are very good cards.
IMHO, I don't really think that highly of the Charmander(not that I'm sayin' you're wrong, I'm just givin' my opinion :cool: ), although the Charmeleon and Charizard are probably the versions I've seen of them.

Well, to keep my post on topic ;) , I did see the Charmander, I also saw the Charmeleon and Charizard at the Portland Dragon prerelease.

the charizard is really good. and yeah, they only come in Holo. in the prerelease i went to, i think only 1 charizard, 1 charmeleon, and 2 charmander were opened. not sure though. I hope to see more secret rares in the future!

Well if you think of it, charizard can do a total 90 damage with a cost of RCCC and discarding an R energy, which is pretty energy efficient for this amount of damage. With no Dgust and stuff, dealing 30 damage to a benched pokemon is very good. It has 120 hp, the highest hp you can get for a non-ex stage 2. It's first attack is pretty efficient too. For RC, you usually can only do 20-30 damage but it has an additional effect that lets you attach 2R to charizard in a 50/50 chance. For a big stage2 like that, it only has 2 retreat cost. Looking at charmeleon, with RC and a 50% chance of discarding a fire energy for 40 damage is not bad in early games. Charmander's rage can combo with memory berry on charizard. The charmander line can definitely make a good rogue deck.

Last edited:
Back