Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Draw Engines

Gwaihir75

Can someone tell me some options of draw engines if you cannot get enough claydols?

I would assume that standard draw engine is:
1) 2-2 claydol
Stronger draw engine
2) 2-3/3-3 claydol + uxie
Now I need some other draw engines. Can you use something like:
3) 2 uxie, 4 pokedrawers+
4) 4 uxies, 2 volkners
5) 2-1 uxie lv.x

Are there some more viable options? I mean esp. for stage2 decks, separete SP deck draw engines would also be appreciated.

You can take in account that i plan to use 3-4 sableye SF in the stage2 deck.

tyvm

In most of my stage 2 decks that have room for it and needs the speed and consistency I run 2-2 claydol, 1 or 2 uxie, 1 chatot, 4 drawer and 3-4 dex.

If I didn't own any Claydol I would run something like 2-1 Uxie, 3-4 Cynthias Feelings and some Chatot/Spiritomb.

a trainer engine is really good in stage two decks. for example, i run a blascatty deck with 18 pokemon, 16 energy, and many dusk. quick, dex, and radar (no BTS) and can get one delcatty one to two blastiose by turn two, if you want i can post my trainer lines, and an entire list if you're interested in seeing how it works.

well it depends on the deck's focus. if you have the room, then a trainer engine is good - just keep in mind that you can get hit badly if you go against a PA (AR?) Spiritomb start.

MD Chatot is popular, along w/ using Cynthia's Feelings.

One of my buds used Electivire FB in his SW Electivire build and it worked rather well for him [but then again, that deck needed a set up starter so that he would have energy in the discard asap].

I don't expect you to state exactly what you're using, but you could give us a little hint of what you expect of your deck in terms of play. such as control, beatdown, toolbox, etc.

well one my decks dont have claydoll or uxie it hase four felcitys drawings and three vokners philyshie but this is a special deck where i want things to get discared the discard pile is more like a collection pot hey nnann dosent have clay doll and he won those tournments.

Pokedex is the thinner of choice, followed by Drawer +. Other cards to consider using would be Cynthia's Feelings and Volkner's Philosophy.

Also, remember that you have options like Quick Ball and Dusk Ball that, while not optimal, are not supporters and therefor can be very effective.

If I didn't own any Claydol I would run something like 2-1 Uxie, 3-4 Cynthias Feelings and some Chatot/Spiritomb.

I agree with this, I'd personally go 3-1 Uxie, 3 Prof. Rowan/Cynthia's Feelings (Personal preference, I like Rowan), and 1 Chatot MD. If you have the room put 4 Super Scoop Ups in, too. If you're playing Sableye you can prolly get away with less than what's outlined there.

I actually used a deck with this in it for local tourney when I left most my cards at a buddy's house >_> Not much success but it still runs better than you'd think.

Also, SP decks can usually get away without playing Claydol if you play 2 or so Uxie and max out on 4 Cyrus Conspiracy to get to all of your SP goodies and supporters.

Thanks for all answers. My deck is no secret. It is basically Godzilla aka speed tyranitar . I have quite lot of cards from that deck. I know it is not the most effective deck nowadyas, but I'm just a pokedaddy who wants to play something while his son is also playing on tourneys. I just like dark decks, so i have chosen tyranitar as I have most cards from that deck. The cards I don't have can be got easily and pretty cheap except claydolls that double the price. SO i'm looking for alternatives.

Uxie is now promo and should be cheap and moreover with weaville and eventually expert belt it is nice gengar hitter - 20+10 (dark special)+20 (expert belt)+30 (gengar's weakness)=80 or with lucario GL on the bench uxie might nearly OHKO gengar ;-).

Uxie lv.x is not solution too as it cost nearly as 2 claydols :) Claydols will be promo too, but i don't want to wait.

tyvm

Back