Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Drp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottesini

Pokemon- 19
3 Rayquaza Ex (DX)
3 Dratini TRR(Dragon Song) (slows down those annoying decks with the starters like jirachi and plusle)
2 Dragonair DS (Slam)
3 Dragonite
3x Pidgey
2x Pidgeotto
3x Pidgeot (FRLG)

Trainers- 27
4x Power Tree
4x Rare Candy
4x TV Reporter
3x Warp Point
2x Switch
3x Steven’s
3x Celio’s
2x Admin
1x Holon Scientist
1x Pokemon Retriever

Energy- 14
8x Lightning
6x Fire

Key Players

Raquaza Ex
http://pokemoncenter.safeshopper.com/245/4361.htm?589

This card is the point of the deck. It is the main attacker and will win most of your hard matches. The reason for this is because because of the synergy between the poke-powers for this and Dragonite. The attack is also very powerful as it is useful early game attacking for 40 for 2 energies and it possibly goes up 20 with every passing turn. By the end of the game you could be doing 160 per attack!

Dragonite
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/pokemoncenter.safeshopper.com/images/bn0pm1he.jpg

This is the card that makes this deck work. It has great synergy with Rayquaza and it's a decent attacker as it can stall for time with it's Agility. The ability to attach an energy from the graveyard and one from your hand can be extremely helpful in any game. On top of that, it can be use once for EVERY dragonite in play which means that you could attach 4 energies per turn.

Pidgeot
http://pokemoncenter.safeshopper.com/233/4020.htm?589

This card is actually necessary in the deck. For one thing, its poke-power makes the deck consistant. It also has another useful advantage: the ability of free retreat that isn't available to Macargo. This aids in situations right after one of your Raquazas dies because you can play another Rayquaza and then retreat without losing any energies that are vital to the attack.

Main Stratagy

Basically the strategy of the deck is to get Rayquaza out first or second turn doing 40 and keeping control for the rest of the game. Obviously that isn't going to happen all of the time, so you run back up (Dragonite) in order keep energies in play even after they go to the graveyard. I picked Power Tree as the stadium for two reasons.

1) Almost all of the common stadiums hurt your deck in many ways. The most devastating of these is cursed Stone as it does 10 damage to every pokemon you have in play in between every turn. Followed by Desert Ruins since it does 10 damage to Rayquaza every turn and with only 100 hp, every hit counts. Last, but not least comes Battle Frontier which stops the search engine making it the you have to draw out the Rayquazas if one of them dies.

2) This card is helpful late game because you are always guaranteed an energy attachment for your turn which means an extra 20 damage for Rayquaza. This especially useful for when you have the Rayquaza but no fire energies left.

You never know when your pidgeot will get reversaled and killed leaving you with a dragonite active and no way of bringing up Rayquaza for the one turn kill because of the retreat. Obviously you want to get a OHK their pumped attaker as their pokemon can probably OHK rayquaza so that makes warp point useless. Thats the reason I decided to go with the two switches instead of something else. The warp points are here for field control. You play it, bring up Pigdeot, play Raquaza, and retreat.

Match-ups

None yet. I'll update it as I get throught them

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate any comments or fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back