Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Drrtybyl's Dallas, TX League CHAMPION Report 07/26/08

drrty byl

So I head down to Dallas with Jkwarrior on Saturday afternoon, expecting a pretty serious turnout with worlds rapidly approaching -- sure enough, a big group of contenders shows up. I'm left deciding between Maggot.dec and a crappy SD: I go with the maggot.

So I get in a couple of pickup games before the tournament starts against Jkwarrior and Mob2099: definitely acing my way through things..

ROUND 1: vs. the infamous CYRUS with EmpoDINGDONG
Sure, people say he's good, and he is. I'm playing against weakness - but that doesn't matter, cuz I've got an ACE IN THE HOLE BABY! I'm layin' down counters everywhere and it's sick! I draw 3 prizes in one turn. This one ends on -TIME-, I think it was 1-4 or 1-3. GOOD GAME, TRAINER!

ROUND 2: vs. BYE
This guy had to go pick up his daughter, so I flail around shuffling for like 15min 'fore playing Dale L wih delta-something. This looks like a game I'll lose -- good thing the next round starts before things get too bad!

ROUND 3: vs. Jkwarrior with EmpoDINGDONGalicious
We're both undefeated; so we know we're making the cut and the pressure is off. Playing against weakness again, but I don't even sweat it -- ACE IN DA HOLE! This one's going pretty well till Warrior flips 5/5 heads on burn and no tails on surf together.

So, the top cut for Masters looks like this (I'M IN!!):
1. Jkwarrior vs. Drrtybyl

We quickly forget that the tournament included a top cut (and start other games) until Birch reminds us.

In the end, victory was won -- on a coin flip. Cyrus flipped the coin -- I went heads: Jkwarrior went tails.. HEADS IT IS! I'M THE CHAMP BABY, PLAYING THROUGH 3/4 ROUNDS OF WEAKNESS

Props:
MPB's League
MPB for hooking us up with league gear
Random Byes
maggot.dec

Slops:
ZILCH

Last edited:
Back