Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dual types are confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYPER EEVEE

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
say if i had a TM's Houndoom (holol) in play could i use the effects of high pressure sysytem?
if i use lattenettes net search and get a TM's zangoose and a TM's grudon can i get a pokemon with the one of TM's grudon's types or would i have to get something like a grass pokemon?

1.> TM's Houndoom is part Fire type, so yes it can take advantage of High Pressure System.

2.> If you use Lanette's Net Search to get a TM's Groudon, then you cannot search for a Darkness or Fighting pokemon for your other two choices. Here are some recent rulings from the Compendium-EX relating to your question:
== LANETTE'S NET SEARCH (EX:Sandstorm)

Q. If I use Lanette's Net Search to find three pokemon one of them being Team Magma's Groudon (which is both Dark and Fighting), can I search for a plain Dark or plain Fighting pokemon, or does the Groudon count for both of those types?
A. Dual type Pokemon always count as both of their types. In this case, no, you could not get a Fighting or Dark Pokemon if you chose Team Magma's Groudon. (Mar 11, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Lanette's Net Search to search for a Dual Type Pokemon (like Team Magma's Groudon), how many other Pokemon can I also search for, one or two?
A. Lanette's Net Search allows you to search for up to 3 Basic Pokemon. It doesn't matter if they are dual type or not - they just can't share any of the same energy types. (Mar 11, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back