Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DuelMasters TCG English Card Scans

farbsman

I was able to obtain some english card scans of the Upcoming Duelmasters TCG. The images can be found by clicking here

Gameplay looks to be a lot like Magic.

***Edit by Farbsman***

I knew I forgot something, want to learn how to play Duelmasters before the cards even come out? Go to http://www.duelmasters.com and click on the link called "Quick Start Rules" That shows you how to play. :)

Last edited:
Oh my god, theese cards are just like magic cards. Too bad the are produced by wizards of the coast. Then they could sue (this is a good thing because I think games that copy are horrid)

Tree-cko

I think this game is just a little kids version of MTG. Based on what little I know about it, the game seems similar to MTG. The cards look like it as well. I guess Wizards wants an intro game to MTG for little kids.

From the appearence of these cards, it looks like this is not magic or yu-gi-oh in true relation however share many related aspects, mainly because of the one +???? number as the only true game defining aspect of the card. It looks like there is going to be some sort of type system because of the different colors of the cards, and it looks like there is going to be a class of card system like Magic uses (creature, spell, etc). However what throws me off is the number at the bottom of each card turned upside down. It obviously means it only applies to the opponent during his or her turn.

Based on what I see... I can't figure out how this game is going to work. I am just going to have to wait until later when it comes out to see if this game is worth picking up. Check for duelmaster comics to find english promos cards this month and the game itself should come out in Febuary I believe.

Last edited:
mysterioustrainer said:
Based on what I see... I can't figure out how this game is going to work. I am just going to have to wait until later when it comes out to see if this game is worth picking up. Check for duelmaster comics to find english promos cards this month and the game itself should come out in Febuary I believe.

See above for link to Duelmasters Rules

Last edited:
Kyogre said:
I think this game is just a little kids version of MTG. Based on what little I know about it, the game seems similar to MTG. The cards look like it as well. I guess Wizards wants an intro game to MTG for little kids.

From what I have heard that was pretty much a cross between MTG and Yu-Gi_oh. I know it has been doing good overseas, but who knows how well it will do in the US.

Last edited:
ANYWAYS, this card game does look interesting. That Volcanodon card looks awsome. +4000 attack when you attack? And it always has 2000? All I have to say is "wow!" On the other hand, it might not be a card game that I would probably invest (maybe play, but not invest) in since I'm already doing stuff with the Pokemon card game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Magic, but then it's not. By the looks of things the only thing that's the same is the types (Fire/Red, Water/Blue, Nature/Green, Light/White, and Darkness/Black), and that they're made by Wizards of the Coasts. Major differences include the lack of a power/toughness (there's only ONE power rating), lack of lands (creatures/spells double as mana-producing cards, so you're never mana-screwed, that's what the upside-down numbers are for), the whole mana/shield zone idea, the lack of creatures that can block (other than the not-universal "Blocking" ability), and that you're drawing 5 cards instead of lucky 7.

This game seems to be more like a mix of Pokémon and Magic if anything. It looks fun and easy. :D It'll have my money for sure. :D

http://www.fakecard.com/images/mighty_shouter.jpg Another card scan for you, farbsman. This is a promo card that'll be released on the Duel Masters comic book series, issue #4. :) ... Also, according to the cards, the first set will have 110 cards in it. :D

Back