Dugtrio CG, why don't people play it?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Hatter™, Mar 21, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

I was looking and I noticed that it can help a lot vs Magmortar decks. It stops the bench damage BUT it really can be a big hassle to get out in the first place.... and it can really only be good vs 1 deck..

2. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

There's better techs, that's why.

3. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

because it does nothing against the most popular deck in the format, gardevoir.

4. mca3

mca3 New Member

I have ran a 1-1 line in alot of my decks since I started playing. My first G/G deck, which I just used to experiment with, I ran a 1-1 line of this pokemon in it, it was very helpful I might add! I will run a 1-1 line in all my decks, that I dont run Cesslock in, which is VERY few of them, I like it!!!

5. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

err.... like what? Anyway, i'm not sure. Any deck that i don't happen to shut off powers and bodies i use. It protects all of your benched against damage, which hurts the strategy of Magmortar (contrary to popular belief)

6. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

cuz then magmortar will load up 8-10 energy and whale on your active

7. moza

moza New Member

ohhh boy stops sniping damage! looks like I'll just have to do massive damage to your active, if I don't KO the diglett w/blaze.

and it does nothing vs gg/most other decks.

8. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

True, True. That's why i said contrary to popular belief. IMO, a Mag deck isn't used to tank, but that's what everyone thinks! I think the Mag deck should be used for Spread, not Tanking. but that's JMO, and it helps against other Empoleon Variants and decks of that Nature.

9. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I like it. It can really mess up Blaziken GE. But I really need to do more testing with it to find out just how effective it is.
    BUt besides, isn't the purpose of a tech to give an advantage to a particular match up, which this does?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  10. Spirit Of Mew

Spirit Of Mew New Member

Garevoir X one shots it most of the time with bring down

11. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

then attach Unown G? There are ways to cancel out Bring Down

12. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Umm... but what kind of n00b is going to bother to put Dugtrio into play against GG. It would be really pointless. In other words, that would not be a problem. :thumb:

13. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

that is also true. Mew* is right. Techs are made for certian matches. So in some matches, you can use your uh... let's say 1-1 tech of Dugtrio CG vs. Empoleon Variants and Magmortar

14. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

It doesnt stop pyschic lock,

it doesnt make your active pokemon invincible,

neither do it stop gallade putting 15 counters on your fresh wailord.

That's why.:redface: