Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Duluth GA Report 15+

Niqu3

Yeah This is my First Tourny Report so bare with me. Well i went to my friend house on friday night. 2 other people tag along with me to my friends house(Chaz). Well We played all night see what we can test out and etc so we can fix are deck up for saturday. woke up around 8 am and we eat some pizza for breakfast and headed out to the tourny. Well we was tryin to get the last cards for my deck and the judges gave me the few cards that i needed to make the deck works

Decklist
(Pokemon: 13)
4 Slopoke
3 Dark Slowking
2 Slowking(UF)
4 Jirachi (DX)

(Trainers: 33)
3 Birch
4 Mary Request
2 Copycat
3 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
3 Poke Retriever
2 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Cursed power
2 Exp. All
2 Time Machine
1 Rocket Hideout
2 Desert Ruin

(Energy: 14)
10 Psychic
4 Dark

Round One-Steelix EX/Meganium Ex3-6
I got a good setup and he got mostly basic one the feild
i kill 3 of his pokemon at the begining and he was just pumpin up his Steelix ex when he brought up steelix then thats when the game turn around and lets say he own me =( GG
0-1

Round Two-Liabilty0-6
Well this was a bad day for her i guess because she didnt have a basic pokemon after shuffle her hand in
3 times. but she got a basic. I got a good setup with jirachi/swoop and she only had Koffing and i just kill it for the easy win. GG
1-1
Round Three-Ludicargo/Delta Tyranitar0-6or 5 dont remember
This was easy for me because this deck ran really slow but he got all his basic out and i got my setup around turn 3 of my turn so i just started to kill his pokemon but so it wasnt lookin so good for him
i won GG
2-1

Well i was done and i look at the standing because there only four rounds for the top 4 cut
i look and i see that i was 5th place so i know i had to win this game to be able to get in the top 4 and hope my other ppl that i played won and win the next one so my tie breaker goes up.

Round Four-Heavy Metal0-6
Well i knew what my friend was playin so it give me idea on what i should do so i just got my setup up and start killin and he didnt drew anything cause the lack of speed so i won GG
3-1

Standing after the rounds of swiss
1st Greg Dollar-4-0(D. Tyranitar/Pidgeot/Trode Ex)
2nd Steelix Ex/Meganium Ex(sry forgot the name)
3rd Chaz O.(Chaoslegends
4th Dominique Dukes(Me :) )

So i made it and i had to play Dollar for the first round of the top 4

Game-1 both got the setup up and he got his turn 2 Pidgeot and he mess me up with The Resitance to psychic on D.Tyranitar. so i was srew on that game only reason i got 2 prizes was because of Trode Ex but some odd reson thats game lasted almost 30 mins
0-1

Game-2 i went first this game and started with a jirachi and slowpoke. use jirachi pokepower and get swoop teleporter attach my energy for the turn. he goes he use call for family and and got pidgey and lavitar and he ended so my turn draw jirachi was awake because i got heads so use jirachi power get rocket ball. Use 2 rocket balls to get two D. slowkings and use swoop on jirachi to get slowpoke and envole both slowpoke to D. Slowking Machince to get slowking UF. The throw done a mary request and draw my 3 and attach a Darkness energy to Dark Slowking use his pokepower to see what he had and let him keep it and dicards 2 tools to kill pluse. and pick up my prizes he goes and he pick no nrg and he try to copycat my 3 and still didnt get anything. so yeah i start put more d.slowking down and keep control of his topdecks and that what i think won me the game.

Game-3 Game 2 lasted about 20 mins so we had 10 mins left so im have a good chance of winning cause of speed of the deck so i started to kill stuff with d.slowking and we had 2 mins left when i was up 3 and when he started to come back so he just give me it because the fact that he couldnt come back.
GG 2-1

So i made it to the finals against Chaz

Game 1 This was two easy for me he only had vaporeon on the feild so turn 2 of my turns i had slowking power and ready to OK him

Game 2 Same happen last game but i kill his Ho-oh ex GG

So i won my first Cities

Props
i won
got some YGO trades

Slops
Didnt get one ex of my 18 packs(think it that many but its was alot)
had to trade in my Don Zaloog(YGO) to get food :(
Judges left and i couldnt give him his card back because we both forgot

Niqu3 said:
Slops
Didnt get one ex of my 18 packs(think it that many but its was alot)
Judges left and i couldnt give him his card back because we both forgot

1) Sorry about not getting any EX out of your 18 packs. With the DS there is only 1 EX in each box, so it is sometimes hard to pull.

2)I remembered on the way home that you still have my cards. Just hold onto them for now and I'll try to get them from you if you are at another City Championship, or the Prerelease tournament.

Congrates on your win :clap:

k i will and the guy i beat he the one that pull the flareon ex but hey i got a trading folder now

Niqu3: Congratulations in winning Duluth. Ludicargo Tyranitar did not perform successfully as I hoped. Will I look forward to seeing you again in Austell?

o hey man nice playin at city but yeah i dont think im goin to austell thats was local to me austell is kinda far i think

Back