Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Durant Dragons Exalted

fuzzywuzzy229

So I was looking through the scans of the next Dragons Exalted set and noticed this card but I haven't been hearing a lot about it. It's first attack:

[C] Pick Up: Search your discard pile for any 1 card, show it to your opponent, and put it on top of your deck.

This makes for a more splashable Sableye doesn't it? Although it only takes 1 card from the discard, it can be ANY card. If you need that last Catcher, Pokemon, N, Special energy, you can get it back. So why hasn't this card been talked about more? It has great recovery potential and very splashable with its Colorless energy requirement.

So I was looking through the scans of the next Dragons Exalted set and noticed this card but I haven't been hearing a lot about it. It's first attack:

[C] Pick Up: Search your discard pile for any 1 card, show it to your opponent, and put it on top of your deck.

This makes for a more splashable Sableye doesn't it? Although it only takes 1 card from the discard, it can be ANY card. If you need that last Catcher, Pokemon, N, Special energy, you can get it back. So why hasn't this card been talked about more? It has great recovery potential and very splashable with its Colorless energy requirement.

I see two issues working against Durant. The obvious one is that Sableye grabs two items while Durant one grabs one card (albeit any card). Second, putting that card on top of your deck means you won't draw into a "new" card next turn. If you have a supporter in hand (especially N or Professor Juniper) that won't really matter, but if not you had better be sure that's the only card you need next turn.

RM

sableye and excadrill are better options cause the card you grab from the discard goes directly into your hand,

sableye lets you get 2 trainers while excadrill gets any one card and does 50 dam. I prefer excadrill but it being stage 1 and its attack being :fighting::fighting: prevent it from being the clear winner of the 3.

One problem I see with this Durant is most people lately are using 4x N in their deck. So if anything this'll probably only end up as a far less good Super Rod.

You need it to get 2 cards for it to be worth while. If you only get 1, it's a wasted turn, and really not worth it, at all.

Drew

the other thing is that, durant being so fragile, that one card has to be worth at least one, probably 2 prize cards. Because you can never be sure that a card like that will come up, Durant isn't worth including in many decks.

This is an ironic Durant. Nobile Victroies Durant doesn't help decks and this one helps them. Heh

Back