Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dusk-queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglilly

I use to play this deck with nidoking but it did not run that great so I decited to try out Dusknoir instead. I seem to get energy shortages a lot, and am having a hard time getting my dusknoir/nidoqueens out.
Pokemon:-20
2-Nidoqueen MT
2Nidoqueen DF
2-Nidorina MT
4-Nidoran F MT
2-Duskull SW
1-Dusclops CG
2-Dusknoir DP
3-Chingling SW
2-Chimecho SW
1-PoochyenaHP
1-MightyenaEX HP

Trainers:-23
2-Phoebe's Stadium
4-Rare Candy
2-Windstorms
2-Night Maintenance
2-TGW
1-Bebe's Search
2-Dusk ball
2-steven's Advice
2-Celio's Network
2-Roseannes's Research
2-Team Galactic;s Mars

Energy:17
3-Double Rainbow
2-Scramble
12-Psychic
This deck works with nidoqueen behing the main attacker while you fill your bench up with Dusknoir for making your opponent shuffle in a pokemon on there bench if they have 4 or more. The Mightyena is to help bring out a pokemon that is not set up/or a bench sitter and have nidoqueen kill it. Nidoqueen DF will help get my pokemon set up. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, but you might want to move your windstorms to 3 or 4 depending if people in your area are still running mario. Since you have Mighteyana EX it might be better to drop sone of the double rainbows for more efficient cards to work with exs. It may seem like a lot of basics but you could always run holon's castform to help get energy. One of my personal favorites is cyclone energy but it's your call. :smile:

Mario is not that popular in my area but Krickatune is, also what should I take out then to put in the Multi energy/windstorms?

your only draw is mars for only 2 and stevens for a not very reliable draw.
take out dusk ball and 1 TGW for 3 oaks visit.
and then take out the two mars for a copycat or two or something else that gives you better draw.
take out 2 psy energy for castaway or roseannes if youre having energy problems.
and you could take out the chingling/chimecho for stantler.

Lets see here. If I were you I would drop a double rainbow or two for the multi energies. As for the windstorms, I would probably drop a galactic's mars maybe. Or you could always drop a dusk ball for a windstorm, but for sure I would drop at least 1 double rainbow for a multi. Hope I helped

no, do NOT take out double rainbow, its too good in this deck NOT to use.
you want to ditch 2 psy for the multi.

my energy setup for this deck is

6 psy
2 multi
4 DRE
2 scramble

and i never have energy problems.

if you want a good deck list for a referance go check out madhatters thread "queenHatter".
itll help a lot.

I achully get a lot of good draw's with Stevens when I get it, but I do think I am going to take out TGM for coppy cat's/professor oaks. The castaways sound like a good idea as well. Though what should I take out for the Multi energys so I can attack with MightyenaEX.

Ty I am going to try it out. This will be my new deck list.
Pokemon:-20
2-Nidoqueen MT
2Nidoqueen DF
2-Nidorina MT
4-Nidoran F MT
2-Duskull SW
1-Dusclops CG
2-Dusknoir DP
3-Chingling SW
2-Chimecho SW
1-PoochyenaHP
1-MightyenaEX HP

Trainers:-23
2-Phoebe's Stadium
4-Rare Candy
2-Windstorms
2-Night Maintenance
1-TGW
1-Bebe's Search
1-Dusk ball
2-Steven's Advice
2-Celio's Network
2-Roseannes's Research
2-Coppy Cat
2-Castaways
Energy:17
3-Double Rainbow
2-Scramble
10-Psychic
2-Multi

looks better but you still dont have a for sure solid draw card, copycay, TGW, stevens, they can all give you less cards than youd want or not beable to use them at all.
so i would strongly recomend taking out the dusk ball, a night maintenance/psychic energy, and a psychic energy for three oaks visit.

I going to take out the dusk ball and 2 psychic energys for the oaks vist. I also read through the thread and was intrested on ampharos as a tech becasue water is another popular type used around here but I would not know what I could even take out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back