Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited DuskGar Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beelz

So, after my first Pokemon Deck turned out to be an absolute disaster, I decided to restart from the ground up. My main mistake was taking the cheap way out and using a Zekrom starter deck as the foundation for a Gengar Deck. It was terrible, and now I'm getting serious.

I did some more research, played around with Mother Gengar for a while, but eventually chose to focus on DuskGar for a spread damage strategy.

Pokemon: 18
Gastly (Stormfront) x3
Haunter (Diamond & Pearl) x2
Gengar (Arceus) x2
Gengar Lv. X (Arceus) x1
Duskull (Secret Wonders) x3
Dusclops (Sandstorm) x2
Dusknoir (Stormfront) x2
Dusknoir Lv. X (Stormfront) x1
Mr. Mime (Mysterious Treasures) x2

Energy: 13
Psychic Energy x13

Trainer: 29
Potion x4
Celio’s Network x4
Bill’s Maintenance x3
Warp Point x2
Pokemon Communication x2
Level Ball x2
Great Ball x2
Cilan x2
Rare Candy x2
Moonlight Stadium x2
Bebe’s Search x2
Night Maintenance x1
Premier Ball x1

Total: 60

(I can say now, I understand the importance of Trainers a lot more than I did when I started three weeks ago.)

The way I plan to play should be familiar to most of you: get Gengar and Dusknoir out as soon as possible with Moonlight Stadium so I can freely switch between the two to prevent them from taking too much damage. I'll use their powers to apply damage counters onto my opponent's benched Pokemon every turn. Also, is Gengar's Curse PokePower stackable? Like, if I had two of them on my Bench, I would be able to move two damage counters instead of just one, right?

Mr. Mime is there because I couldn't decide if my deck needed more offense or defense, and I figured that it already had enough offensive strength. Mr. Mime would especially help to stall early game for those Pokemon that deal out a lot of damage for little energy. However, I was tempted to put Cresselia and Cresselia Lv. X in place of Mr. Mime for its own version of spread damage as well as its ability to heal my Pokemon if need be.

I know there's this thing where people like to use Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit or Spiritomb as staple cards, but I don't know if I necessarily like them. They seem like they would get in the way more than help.

Regardless, how does this deck list look to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back