Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Duskull's Revive Attack

Psofan2000

Hey guys, I recently received a Flashfire Booster Pack, in it I found this Duskull with the attack "Revival" The attack states "Put a Basic Pokemon from your opponents discard pile onto his or her bench" My question is simple..what is the point of this attack? Is it a good natured gesture or is there actually some sort of strategy behind it? Thanks in advance for the help!

Dusknoir BCR has an ability that lets it move damage counters around your opponent's field. Using Revival on a Pokemon like Exeggcute PLF or Jirachi EX can generate some easy prizes.

I'm using it as one of my Duskull in Unlimited 150. The Dusknoir from D&P has an Ability that says if your opponent has 4 or more benched Pokemon you can shuffle 1 of them into their deck. It's a REALLY powerful Ability and the Duskull helps you fill their bench up with useless Pokemon so you can bounce their good ones away!

It could be a clumsy way to increase spread damage. Sand Slammer, Thorn Tempest, Petal Blizzard, Glaciate, the way to reduce the effectiveness of an opponent using one of these is to be more methodical about your bench and limiting what you bench. Even Empoleon, the opponent has power over the damage it does by being more conservative about what is benched in an Empoleon deck to increase your bench. This is a way to get around them. As an attack, it is a very awkward way to do it though. Duskull only has 50 HP so it is likely to be knocked out after the attack and your opponent also gets a chance to respond to the new member of the bench.

It could also be a way to reduce the damage done by Flareon's Vengeance attack. That's -10 damage. Again though, Duskull is probably taking one for the team in trying to set the opponent back in this way.

I'm actually basing my new deck around this duskull/dusknoir line with that attack and dusknoir's ability, you could win in 8 turns if you get lucky

You could also use it to "block" the bench, so they can't play certain cards.
As well as setting up a decent draw with Colress (if you play that card)

Back