Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dutch Nationals 2009 - 6/7 June

Fireborn

This weekend it's Nationals time for the Netherlands.

First time ever our Nationals is held over 2 days. Last year we had 149 participants, we'll see if this can be topped this year, or if the fact that the tournament is spread over 2 days will maybe discourage people from going.

I'm not sure if I'll have internet access this weekend, but I'm sure someone will post updates here. If not, I'll give you news as soon as I can!

First time ever our Nationals is held over 2 days. Last year we had 149 participants, we'll see if this can be topped this year, or if the fact that the tournament is spread over 2 days will maybe discourage people from going.
They weren't discouraged in Germany. ;)
If I look at this season's player numbers at other tournaments in NL and the increasing numbers at European Nationals in general, I'm almost sure you'll get more players than last year. ^^

They weren't discouraged in Germany. ;)
If I look at this season's player numbers at other tournaments in NL and the increasing numbers at European Nationals in general, I'm almost sure you'll get more players than last year. ^^

That's true! But in Norway it did, because their numbers dropped last year when the tournament was spread over two days.

But yeah, we've had a lot more players at CCs and SPTCs this year, so Nats numbers will probably be up as well :D

The tournament is NOT spread in 2 days. The finals will be held on the second day. And for anyone else that is bothered to come, events like mutant draft will be playable.

I don't know how many people there are but I was told that they just barely got enough people for a T16.

The tournament is NOT spread in 2 days. The finals will be held on the second day. And for anyone else that is bothered to come, events like mutant draft will be playable.

I don't know how many people there are but I was told that they just barely got enough people for a T16.

Yeah, that's what it means when the tournament is held over two days... :p It starts on Saturday and it finishes on Sunday with the finals in Seniors and Masters (and perhaps Juniors).

I know that from my Leagues there are a few players coming that have already booked hotels and stuff, so they're definitely coming the second day, even if they don't make the top cut. So hopefully Sunday will be a fun and crowded day as well :D

I also know a few people who're going who haven't preregistered, so hopefully we'll get a T16 in Masters :)

Last edited:
I personally hope that Leonners will demonstrate to be able to take Italy on the top of europe with 2 Italian National Champions..

T_T Unless I am in the finals, I am going to miss out on the second day! I wanted to experience the mutant draft.........

Why can't you just come on the second day, too? It'll be one big weekend of Pokemon events :biggrin: I've got an important exam on Monday, but I don't care, I'm just going to play Pokemon all weekend :tongue:

Being brought by my parents i s the problem. =/ Call me weird but I don't like trains and buses and I don't have a drivers license...yet. T.T

Good luck Lia, Anna and Mattijs !
(and good luck to Arco, but he doesn't need it ;) )

I hope to see you @ Worlds !

Math

good luck everyone.

I can't wait to find out what wins in the NL. There seems to be a country based metagame from the previous national's results.

Yeah, I'll be there too. And I'm still not 100% positive as on which deck to play. So many options, so little time.

How are these players doing?

1 Arco Oliemans 1879.27
2 Anna Schipper 1821.48
3 Martin van der Vis 1817.19
4 kevin de mooij 1793.99
5 S Schuurhuis 1765.16
6 Andrea Leoni 1754.65
7 manuel b 1747.00
8 matijs moree 1739.08

GO Matjis!!

Back