Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Dutch State Report x2"

tinz0

Ok, so I get up, take the bus to the train station. Take the train to Leiden, and then the bus again to the tournament location. Found out that I took the wrong bus but w/e i get there.

Fill in decklist, im playing metanite as thats the only thing working for me, and get ready for the event.
Decklist is at the bottom of this post.

Pairings were there, and I got a bye first round, there goes my tiebreakers >_>.
I play some games against a Crawdaunt EX/Skill Hack deck, and win all of them so im feeling pretty confident.

Pairings for round 2 were hung up:
I had to go against another Metanite player.
Game 1: He gets a Mentor start and I dont, because of a well-timed Crystal Shard I manage to pull out the win.
Game 2: Im slowplaying with Mentors and time is called, so I win.

Pairing for round 3 were there, I had to go against a friend playing Delta/Raieggs.
Game 1: I get a mediocre start but he doesnt get a start and win in turn 3 or something.
Game 2: I get a huge start, he does to, and due his cessation crystals and cursed stones he wins.
Game 3: Time was called, we went into sudden death, and then against Raieggs is useless - it always wins.

Pairings for round 4 - against a Chinese dude with Flariados.
Game 1: I had 4 cards in deck and Metagross d on field, needed Rare Candy for the win, and took it with Metagross' power.
Game 2: He takes a few prizes before time was called, so I win.

Round 5 against Metalix.
This deck is almost an auto-loss for me, since I didnt play Lugia EX nor Latios*, too expensive.
Game 1: I take out 1 steelix ex with discarding 9 energys, couldnt recover from the 2nd steelix.
Game 2: I dont get a start, and scoop when time was called.

So im 3-2 with my bye, and figure im ending 11-12th or something, standings were there and I was 7th, so I was in the T8.

Top8 Match against Metalix - again.
Game 1: I use Crystal Shard to take out 1 Steelix and his other Onix was prized, so I win.
Game 2: I get a huge start but he took me out with Steelixes.
Game 3: He starts with Nidoran and I start with Beldum, Rare Candy, Metagross DX and DRE, GG.

So im T4, and had to go against Sallygross.
Game 1: He gets a good start and I dont, so he wins.
Game 2: See game 1 - vice versa.
Game 3: Time was called and he gets the first price.

So its around 8 PM and I want to go home, but I have to play against Delta/Raieggs for 3rd/4th place, I was too tired, and had no fun in the game anymore so I play it like im on drugs, the whole match took 7 minutes, 2-1 for him.

I get my trophy and my boosters and pull Delcatty, Gardevoir and Claydol EX, not too bad.

2 weeks later, I got again to a State Champ. Was again playing Metanite only changes I made were -2 TVR and +Farmer and Lugia EX.
Got there really early and played some fun games etc.

Round 1 against Arcanine EX/Eeveelutions.
Game 1: He gets a huge start and I dont. He wins.
Game 2: He dont get a start and when I clear his first K9 EX he doesnt recover.
Game 3: I get lucksacked, his hand was Growlithe, Fire Energy, Fire Energy, Crystal Shard, Arcanine EX, Eevee and Umbreon EX. I lose on turn 2.

Round 2 against Mightyena EX/Banette EX.
Game 1: I completely lock him, and hes slowplaying it so im getting ******, still I win.
Game 2: I slowplayed him till time was called.

Round 3 against Raieggs/Delta.
Game 1: I lose against his Cess Crystals and Cursed Stones.
Game 2: I save my Windstorms and that gets me the win.
Game 3: I start with Lugia EX, Metal Energy, Holon Castform and more **** - no trainers. So Im playing Lugia since time was called in about 2 minutes. I attach Metal Energy and end. He delta draws me. I attach Holon Castform, play Dratini, Rare Candy, Dragonair - to lock him with Scientist and ends. Time was called - sudden Death. He played Excegutor and DRE and did my Lugia 10 damage. I had to top a Lightning Energy for the win, I didnt, and attach Metal Energy to Lugia and end. He plays Togetic d and copy Twister and roll both heads so my Lugia has no energys left, and I scoop. GG.

Round 4 against Limitation/Mew EX/Skill Hack.
Game 1: He slow starts, and beat him in the end.
Game 2: My Lugia kills 3 Shiftry EX of him.

Round 5 against Queengon.
Game 1: I knock out his 1st Flygon EX with just Metagross. KO his second with Crystal Shard and his 3rd with Lugia EX.
Game 2: All his Flygon EXes were prized, so I beat him in turn 2.

Again im 3-2 and now im 14th. I get my booster and pull nothing. Had good times during states and thats all that matters.
Decklist:

4 beldum d
2 metang d
3 metagross d
1 metagross dx
3 dratini d
2 dragonair d
3 dragonite d
4 holons castform
1 holons voltorb
1 lugia ex

4 holon transceiver
4 holon mentor
2 holon adventurer
2 holon researcher
1 holon farmer
4 rare candy
3 windstorm
1 crystal shard
1 warp point

8 lightning nrg
4 metal nrg
2 dre (worked great for me)

Hmm I'm from the USA. Never knew that the Dutch had to play best 2 out of 3 games in swiss. Thats horrible. I won't be able to stand that. Nice report.

GJ, taking home a trophy from the 1st one =) I played you in Leiden in the last Swiss round ;)

Next time, you're better off posting this in the International section, you're bound to get more replies there :p

Back